Micro-7 or Ruger American Rifle Ranch?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

TMD
Silent But Deadly

Re: Micro-7 or Ruger American Rifle Ranch?

Post by TMD »

A few months ago my LGS had a 20% off sale and I picked up my RARR for $336. Only bought it because I wanted to see what all the hype was about and figured if I didn't like it selling it wouldn't be a problem. At first I thought it was about as cheaply made as possible and already had the mind set it was a junk entry level gun until I shot it. Damn thing is more accurate than my old Remington ever thought of being
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Post by TRshootem »

I have a number of Rem 700 rifles, all awesome shooters. I bought the RARR for a few reasons, chief of which is cost for the fun. After seeing how well some of the American series guns were shooting, the detachable mag, adjustable trigger, and compact size(12.5" LOP), it was nearly half the price of the Micro.

My 300 BLK AR is a real shooter, but the bolt gun is able to use just about any pistol powder for a variety of bullet weights. More economical fun and a tinkerer's dream. Sure, it has some flaws, but it shoots very well with my Elite Iron Bravo1 can. The first thing you do is remove the stock and sand the barrel channel to open it up to ensure it free floats. The magazines are OK, they work fine. Imagine if Ruger had set these up to use the Mini 14 mags instead...I would have paid a bit more to have a correct rail. I like this platform enough, a 5.56 version is now setup for coyote calling, can attached, 60 gr Vmax/Benchmark load. I paid 349 for this last one, will replace the rail on both. A couple of the grand kiddos are liking the compact size and light recoil of the BLK. Fun shooting...

Merry Christmas, really enjoying all the great info here. Thanks, TR
RockyRiver
Silent But Deadly

Post by RockyRiver »

First thing I did with my RARR is yank off that stupid rail thing and replace it with proper Leupold scope mounts. Easy MOA and super quiet with the silencer. Yes, The stock is a point of shame and one of these days I'll get around to replacing it .