Can't justify 300 BO

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

afshirt
Silent But Deadly

Re: Can't justify 300 BO

Post by afshirt »

Blackout was made for short barrels and cans. They make 16 inch barreled versions however that still do well you just don't get the convenience of an 8 inch barrel and still maintain a good amount of muzzle energy. I have a friend with a blackout bolt gun with the new sig 7.62 QD can and has taken many a hog with it.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA pistol, rifle, shotgun, Refuse to be a Victim
NRA Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home
Full time instructor with Florida Firearms Training
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

Don't want a SBR.
Don't want a suppressor.
Don't want a pistol brace.
Didn't know this forum was to complain about personal problems.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

I am still not sure what it exactly is your looking for. I gave up a while ago trying to convince people to stick with the 300 blackout.
You either get it or you don't.
It would be like someone coming to me and trying to sell me on the virtues of apple pie. I don't like apple pie, there's nothing wrong with apple pie, I just happened to not be a fan of it. you could tell me that the cinnamon is fresh, the apples picked straight from the orchard and whatever else you wanted to tell me about the ingredients I still don't like apple pie. At the same time, I feel no need to make everyone else not like Apple pie either.

So still not sure of your point.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

gds wrote:It would be like someone coming to me and trying to sell me on the virtues of apple pie. I don't like apple pie, there's nothing wrong with apple pie, I just happened to not be a fan of it. you could tell me that the cinnamon is fresh, the apples picked straight from the orchard and whatever else you wanted to tell me about the ingredients I still don't like apple pie. At the same time, I feel no need to make everyone else not like Apple pie either.
You really need to give apple pie another chance, maybe a la mode?

:P
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

gds wrote:I am still not sure what it exactly is your looking for. I gave up a while ago trying to convince people to stick with the 300 blackout.
You either get it or you don't.
It would be like someone coming to me and trying to sell me on the virtues of apple pie. I don't like apple pie, there's nothing wrong with apple pie, I just happened to not be a fan of it. you could tell me that the cinnamon is fresh, the apples picked straight from the orchard and whatever else you wanted to tell me about the ingredients I still don't like apple pie. At the same time, I feel no need to make everyone else not like Apple pie either.

So still not sure of your point.
If I like my Blackout can I keep my blackout? :P

Or will apple pie be provided for everyone, through a State operated exchange? :mrgreen:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
FOB
Silent But Deadly

Post by FOB »

Stop whining here and go to the source:

https://www.atf.gov/about/executive-staff

You're welcome.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

md80captain wrote:
kroeker wrote:Why not just permanently attach the can and then its a rifle. Pretty easy to blind pin one to a barrel and a decent form one can can be made relatively cheap with minimal skills or knowledge.
Yes there is plenty of justification for this round when running suppressed or in an SBR, however, going form 1 and all that BS is something I'd prefer not doing. I was pretty stoked with that first ATF letter that state essentially "misuse of the device does not make it illegal" or something like that regarding the SIG brace. I fully intended to misuse the device as long as I couldn't get busted for it.
I have absolutely have no interest in SBR's or silencers. But I still have 2 Blackouts. I love cutting down 223's ad making my own. Makes me feel productive. As for the highlighted comment, that will surely draw unwanted attention.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

So...
I think that I will go over to www.glocktalk.com and start a thread about how much I really don't care for Glocks.
What do you guys think?

The 300 BLK is a very efficient & versatile cartridge.
If you are not able to find a good fit for it in your life, that's cool...

I can't find a place in my life for Glock pistols either.
There is nothing wrong with them.
I can shoot the hell out of one when I use them for work, but they are not my thing.

Have a nice day.
Maybe you should frequent a different forum.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
KTMRacer
Silent But Deadly

Post by KTMRacer »

Just relax and take a breath.
Take things for what they are:
A 300 Blackout is a dream to run subs, with a short barrel, and suppressed (small niche filled).
A Sig Pistol Brace is exactly what it says it is right on the box. It's not a stock.

I guess I'm just weird. I have a 100% legal suppressed 300 SBR and a 100% legal 10.5" 5.56" pistol with a Sig Brace.

However, if my 5.56 pistol hangs in the safe by a pistol hook, is that legal? :mrgreen:
svh
Silent But Deadly

Post by svh »

Different strokes for ......... Well you know.

Good luck, and see ya later.
Cheech, my best friend of 16 years, RIP.
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.