AAC 9" upper - new generation coming soon?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Two-Dogs
Silent Operator

Re: AAC 9" upper - new generation coming soon?

Post by Two-Dogs »

MPW in 5.56 on my local board and two stripped lowers, one 5.56 and a 300, on arfcom local...I'm broke as crap, paying for something I did in a past life I guess.

Should have grabbed a nine inch when I got my sixteen inch upper...did not like the URX 3.1 very much, would have dealt with it but it was canted from the factory and I figured if I gotta get the wrench I may as well upgrade. Wound up with a BCM KMR 15-stoooopid light and I'm loving it, will be putting one on the upcoming pistol-to-SBR project if another bolt gun doesn't intervene.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

The urx 3.1 considering it has a full length top rail and 6 small rail sections, heat shield in the lower part, and QD attachment points means it IS one of the lightest handgaurds on the market.

The lightest I have seen is the BCM hand gaurd but you still need to add some rail section to run older accessories or even new ones that are for set up for picitanny rails.

What sucks is KAC used a proprietary barrel nut that you need a 110.00 tool to get the thing off or pay a gunsmith to do it.

The new urx 4 handgaurds come with the barrel nut wrench.

I wish I bought the 5.56 barrels from brownells when they were on sale for 129.00
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
voip-1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by voip-1 »

If AAC moves solely to suppressors after getting bought out it is a huge blow to the cartridge being more widely adopted.

This stinks!
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

AAC is selling uppers. Just not guns.
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

Glad to hear that the uppers will stay. I love mine and am thinking of picking up some spares for a rainy day! Does anyone have any MPWs NIB left? Long shot I know.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

I wish i had the cash to buy a few more AAC complete MPWs before totally gone...my lone AAC lower will prob have some appeal, not as much as a Magpul lower, but still...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
voip-1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by voip-1 »

Yeah I am looking to buy a 2nd 9" AAC Upper as I've been pretty happy with mine (although lately I've been having a FTF on 1st round with a certain type of magazine and haven't had time to troubleshoot it).

As long as production will resume I will sit tight. It would be nice if they upgraded the rail though to the new URX 4 as my other ARs all have key mod rail systems and it makes it easy to keep things compatible between them.