200 dollar limit

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

svh
Silent But Deadly

200 dollar limit

Post by svh »

Well I started out with a $200.00 "limit" :lol: for a scope and mounts this afternoon.

$433.00 later, with the vortex mount, and flip cap covers, I was satisfied with my sorry non-budget keepin ass, :| and pressed the "order now" button.

Gonna have to pluck that CC bill outa the mailbox before my lovely other half lays her beautiful :roll: eyes on it. But I'm the man right ? Yeah, technically ......... I thought :idea: Yeah, I.m just gonna march right up there and tell her ....... :evil: ......Then the words "lead Balloon" popped into my mind, and I marched right up there........ and grabbed a beer.

But anyway, how did I do?

Anyone have this or used one ?

Thoughts ?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HYR ... UTF8&psc=1
Cheech, my best friend of 16 years, RIP.
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
danner
Silent But Deadly

Re: 200 dollar limit

Post by danner »

I always try to buy the best that I can afford. It usually works out ok for me. I think Vortex sources their mount from Primary Arms. I have a PA mount but haven't got around to using it yet. And I've not used a Vortex optic so cannot comment on your choice, however, I've since switched to using UPS so my Wife doesn't find the bill/gun parts in the mailbox. :mrgreen:
Someone who is ruled by the "discretion" of another is, to that extent, a slave.
svh
Silent But Deadly

Post by svh »

Yeah, usually I can slip small amounts on the credit card without raising suspicion, But that amount will stand out like a turd in a punch bowl on the statement.

Oh well, it aint the first time, and won't be the last, I;m sure.
Cheech, my best friend of 16 years, RIP.
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Overton-AR
Silent But Deadly

Post by Overton-AR »

Vortex uses at least 2 companies for their mounts. Their quick dettach mounts are done by American Defense and it looks like the one you ordered is made my Aero Precision.....both are great mounts. The one you got it much lighter than the heavy American Defense version I bought. I wish I had gone the other way.....at least for the weight difference.

Congrats on a nice setup.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i have the 4-12x40 diamondback on my blackout and love it for a $200 class scope.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

svh wrote: But I'm the man right ? Yeah, technically ......... I thought :idea: Yeah, I.m just gonna march right up there and tell her ....... :evil:
Just for you svh. The Man Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCdKiRDdohA
danner
Silent But Deadly

Post by danner »

Overton-AR wrote:Vortex uses at least 2 companies for their mounts. Their quick dettach mounts are done by American Defense and it looks like the one you ordered is made my Aero Precision.....both are great mounts. The one you got it much lighter than the heavy American Defense version I bought. I wish I had gone the other way.....at least for the weight difference.

Congrats on a nice setup.
Love my ADM QD mounts.
Someone who is ruled by the "discretion" of another is, to that extent, a slave.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Spending limits are kind of like speed limits for me...as hard as i try, i never really follow em...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

I'm going with the Vortex Viper PST on my precision rifle build. Vortex builds great scopes at every price point, and their warranty/CS can't be beat from what I understand.

JW
Guns are tools designed for dirty work both competitive and defensive. If I meet someone with a well worn gun, I hope their barrel is pointed the same direction as mine if the lead starts flying...
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

You did well with Vortex, they make great optics. Im not a fan of the BDC reticle, but its personal preference. The mounts are great, I have a American defense and couldnt be happier. As far as the wife finding out about the CC statement, thats all on you brother! Sometimes it easier to ask for forgiveness then permission. You'll feel better when you have the scope mounted im sure.