Muzzle device for a 10.5"/ pin and weld

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

george995
Silent Operator

Muzzle device for a 10.5"/ pin and weld

Post by george995 »

Google fu is lacking on my part, I am looking for a muzzle device that will bring a 10.5" barrel to 16". Would love if kak ind or some other company would develop a flashcan at 6.5" long (3" longer unit(thats what she said!!! :lol: )
Something like this.
http://www.kakindustry.com/kak-industry ... sh-can-5-8

I looked but only found those flash hiders for xm177 clones, even then those aren't long enough to produce 16" w/ a 10.5" barrel. :?:
Ni he la na gaofar la na scoilb.
ss355
Silent Operator

Re: Muzzle device for a 10.5"/ pin and weld

Post by ss355 »

I'm not aware of anyone that makes a 6.5" device. Everything I'm aware of is the standard 5.5" for the xm177 clones. Sounds to me like you're in the neighborhood of custom work. Sorry I'm of no help.
avant4me
Silent Operator

Post by avant4me »

Just out of curiosity why do you want a device that long?
Why not just get a longer barrel of you're going to need the length and get the benefit of the extra speed?
Blowout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blowout »

Why not just make a pistol out of it and keep the barrel short?

These guys can probably make what you want.
https://www.custommuzzlebrakes.com/#!/U ... ry=7058691
300Blk 8.0" pistol with 80% lower
68Guy
Silent But Deadly

Post by 68Guy »

avant4me wrote:Just out of curiosity why do you want a device that long?
Why not just get a longer barrel of you're going to need the length and get the benefit of the extra speed?
Yeah, Not sure what benefit you are looking for on the whole shorter barrel, pinned thing? I had mine shortened to 14.5 and pinned so that the OAL is 16 but why look at a shorter barrel and a loooong tube pinned on that will only change the velocity with NO reduction of actual length of rifle. Inquiring mines want to know.... :P
Retired USAFR, NRA Life Member, NSSF, IDPA Range Safety Officer, GSSF member. Multiple ARs including 5.56 M4, 6.8 SPC II and suppressed 300BLK 8" SBR.
george995
Silent Operator

Post by george995 »

Already owned a pistol w/ 10.5" barrel, decided not to keep that configuration due to the muddying of the waters(do I really need to explain with recent events?). With 300blk the whole velocity argument doesn't really stand with barrel length, that is barrrels longer than 9".

IMO the sigbrace has become a very grey area, and those who have pistol builds (atleast with 10.5" barrels) would easily and affordably be able to convert their riggs with product described. Instead of dumping their barrels out on the various forum classifieds for pennies on the dollar.
george995
Silent Operator

Post by george995 »

Blowout wrote:Why not just make a pistol out of it and keep the barrel short?

These guys can probably make what you want.
https://www.custommuzzlebrakes.com/#!/U ... ry=7058691
Thanks for the link.
avant4me
Silent Operator

Post by avant4me »

george995 wrote:Already owned a pistol w/ 10.5" barrel, decided not to keep that configuration due to the muddying of the waters(do I really need to explain with recent events?). With 300blk the whole velocity argument doesn't really stand with barrel length, that is barrrels longer than 9".

IMO the sigbrace has become a very grey area, and those who have pistol builds (atleast with 10.5" barrels) would easily and affordably be able to convert their riggs with product described. Instead of dumping their barrels out on the various forum classifieds for pennies on the dollar.
It'd be more financially efficient to just fill out form 1 and make it a SBR if that's what you're worried about.
Blowout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blowout »

george995 wrote:Already owned a pistol w/ 10.5" barrel, decided not to keep that configuration due to the muddying of the waters(do I really need to explain with recent events?). With 300blk the whole velocity argument doesn't really stand with barrel length, that is barrrels longer than 9".

I didn't go the SB15 route and went this way instead. Using a slightly longer tube and a high mounted optic, it's just about right. I have a 10.5" upper as well in 223 Wylde and both are fairly ergonomic on this lower. Not perfect, but not clumsy either.

300Blk 8.0" pistol with 80% lower
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

Gets me thinking... I wonder how fat you can make a foam buffer tube cover? LOL

JW
Guns are tools designed for dirty work both competitive and defensive. If I meet someone with a well worn gun, I hope their barrel is pointed the same direction as mine if the lead starts flying...