Silencerco Harvester Reviews PLEASE

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bearman
Silent Operator

Silencerco Harvester Reviews PLEASE

Post by bearman »

Has anyone shot it and how loud is it. I am thinking of getting one for my 300 blks but of the few reviews I have seen some say it is loud on a 308 win. The can is 11.3 ounces and I can get one for $529 and they are rated for a 300 wm. If you have one or shot it I would like to hear your thoughts good or bad. I want this can for hunting.
Zephhyr

Re: Silencerco Harvester Reviews PLEASE

Post by Zephhyr »

Believe me I wish I could give you a review ........... I bought one a couple of months ago ......... waiting for stamp :cry:

I plan on using it primarily on my 8" 300BLK pistol build, I REALLY like the light weight and good price.
bearman
Silent Operator

Post by bearman »

Anybody else seen or heard one shot. I am thinking of getting one and would really like to hear from someone who has shot one on a 300 aac blk or 308 win.
paper9
Silent But Deadly

Post by paper9 »

Search NFA Review Channel, and also see review at Silencertalk forum.
vetman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by vetman »

Buy one. Buy two. They are really quiet with subsonic Handloads. Like stupid quiet.

It is not a tank like the Specwar 7.62. It is a Porsche that just feels almost non-existent on the end of a bolt action.

I will get you an accuracy report as soon as I can.
paper9
Silent But Deadly

Post by paper9 »

Does it come apart for cleaning? And it looks to be marketed for supersonic bolt use, however I prefer subsonic shooting.
vetman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by vetman »

It will not come apart for cleaning so I think if you want to shoot cast bullets I would think about powder coating. As for subsonic it is just sweet.

As far as rate of fire it would be better for a bolt action gun. I do not think I would do an automatic magazine dump through the Harvester.
bearman
Silent Operator

Post by bearman »

Vetman have you shot a Harvester on a 300 blk with subs and supers. I am wondering how quiet it is with subs. I am thinking of buying one for my 300 blks. Let us know how it groups. Do you have one or just shot one?
vetman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by vetman »

I picked up my Harvester on last Friday and so far have only shot handloaded subsonics. I have a Micro 7 and a Remington 700 in 300 Blackout. The Harvester is just as quite if not more so than my Specwar 7.62 on the same rifle with the same load. I can even imagine sometimes that the Harvester reduces the recoil more than the Specwar.

I have not shot any supersonics nor have I shot any groups for accuracy. As soon as I can I will post results and opinions on both subjects. Also as soon as I get a 9/16x24 thread mount I will give a report on the Harvester using a .243 and a .30-06.

Since I like bolt guns more I would probably buy the Harvester over the Specwar. The Harvester just feels smooth.
bearman
Silent Operator

Post by bearman »

Vetman I have a 700 Remington and Encore MGM 300 blk. I had MGM make me a 17 inch 308 win barrel with a 1 in 8 twist that I shoot subs in with trailboss powder and it is like a 300 blk on steroids when you switch to supersonic ammo. I ordered me a Silencerco Harvester today. Keep us posted on how well it does on the other calibers. Thanks for the responses.