Silencerco Harvester Reviews PLEASE

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

doubleshot00
Silent But Deadly

Re: Silencerco Harvester Reviews PLEASE

Post by doubleshot00 »

Yeah ive been thinking about getting one as my 7.62 Saker is going to be heavy on the end of my bolt guns. I'm mostly a hunter and think this would be a great can for my bolt guns and maybe a 8" .300blk with a longer rail.
Toxarch
Silent But Deadly

Post by Toxarch »

Silencer Shop did a video showing a mag dump through a Harvester. They say to just let it cool down before doing it again.
vetman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by vetman »

I was able to run quite a few rounds through the Harvester on my factory Remington 700 Blackout. Here are a few observations.

I wish I had three or four more Harvesters. They are light and sound just as good if not better than my Specwar 7.62 with super and subsonic bullets.

Accuracy is extremely good. I did not remove it and replace it to check for repeatable point of impact.

Recoil reduction seems on par or better than my Specwar.

Honestly, for a bolt action I would choose the Harvester over the Specwar any day of the week. On a semi-automatic it would be a toss up.

You will have to really work hard to overheat the Silencer shooting a bolt action in 300 Blackout. It seems like it even cools down quicker than the Specwar. No promises on that one.

If I had the money I would order another Harvester tomorrow. In fact there is a good chance I might get a second one for Christmas.
Z71

Post by Z71 »