Ferfrans CRD muzzle brake system

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Randygmn
Silent Operator

Ferfrans CRD muzzle brake system

Post by Randygmn »

Does anyone know if that system will work with a 300blk barrel? All I can seem to find is that it's geared up to work with 223/556. Also, any comments about effectiveness would be helpful. Alternatives, like kineti tech, etc, will also be considered. Thanks
helislider

Re: Ferfrans CRD muzzle brake system

Post by helislider »

https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/ ... ct_id=4544

Rainier has the CRD for 308 that will work with blackout.
Randygmn
Silent Operator

Post by Randygmn »

Thanks. I already purchased this system and I LOVE it. Bought it here from fortress tactical http://shop.fortresstactical.com/Ferfra ... rd-762.htm. Always the best price. Also bought my AAC pistol at an unbelievable price, previously. Mike is an excellent guy to do business with, IMO.
Mgoirea
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Mgoirea »

Looks as if they tried to create an almost-suppressor, and carefully reduced its performance to get past the ATF.
razabak
Silent Operator

Post by razabak »

How does this work compared to a linear comp?
Mgoirea
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Mgoirea »

In terms of the things you want a linear comp to do, the CRD will be bigger and less effective.
Randygmn
Silent Operator

Post by Randygmn »

Mgoirea wrote:In terms of the things you want a linear comp to do, the CRD will be bigger and less effective.
Not necessarily.
The deflector is great if you want to redirect the concussion ahead of the shooter. This is great for cqb purposes (but for most of us its great when shooting next to other shooters). It also excels when shooting prone as there is no debris that effects the shooter. There are some really excellent videos demonstrating this on YouTube. But, if mitigating those things (noise and debris) are of no concern, than removing the deflector (qd on/off) leaves you with a very competent brake. It's got a few side ports and about a half dozen linear holes running across the top.

To be very honest, I was getting frustrated with the recoil and my inability to perform rapid follow up shots with my 9"AAC. This system keeps the muzzle much flatter, without question. Does give a little pull back to the rear, but I can handle that. I did have concerns that the deflector would curtail the effects of the brake, but it does not. There is some additional weight, but this system includes the brake too, which you'd have something on there anyway. For me, and the problem I had, the added ounces are rather helpful.

Still, keep in mind- this is no suppressor. In fact, its loud as hell. Much louder than the standard AAC flash hider. It just redirects the noise towards the target is all.
Mgoirea
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Mgoirea »

Randygmn wrote:Still, keep in mind- this is no suppressor. In fact, its loud as hell. Much louder than the standard AAC flash hider.
That's exactly the opposite of what you want a linear comp to do.
Randygmn
Silent Operator

Post by Randygmn »

Mgoirea wrote:
Randygmn wrote:Still, keep in mind- this is no suppressor. In fact, its loud as hell. Much louder than the standard AAC flash hider.
That's exactly the opposite of what you want a linear comp to do.
Exactly what do you expect a linear comp to do? This directs the blast/sound away from the shooter. It keeps the muzzle flat. Underneath the deflector, it has a brake which is louder than a flash hider (and all brakes are louder). What am I missing?
IslandTimes

Post by IslandTimes »

Looks like Damage Industries just released a similar type system, but cheaper. I have no need for anything like this, but y'all may.