Does it tick you off when companies take so long to ship?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ToiddRvs

Does it tick you off when companies take so long to ship?

Post by ToiddRvs »

I mean it is really piss pore customer service having to wait weeks for an order you already paid for.

Palmetto State Armory, Radical Firearms, Primary Weapons (not primary arms) to name a few take their sweet time about sending you the merchandise, but waste no time charging your card. Some of these companies have a one month wait or better before they ship your items, that is just foolish. So why is that.

Other companies like Bravo Company, Aim, DPMS, Spikes, Brownell's etc... ship fast and I get my items usually in less than a week. So if they can do it why can't those other companies do the same...
Last edited by ToiddRvs on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Re: Does it tick you off when companies take so long to ship

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

I havent personally had that issue with Primary Arms. I cant say they were as fast as Brownells to send me a shipping/tracking notification, but usually get my stuff same week...the absolte FASTEST was a small transaction with DSKarmory.com for some thread adapters. Placed order at 1am, got the shipping confirmation (not order confirmation, shipping) 15 minutes later...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

One word answer - money. Providing good customer service takes some of it. It will be so until the cost to stay the same exceeds the cost to change.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:I havent personally had that issue with Primary Arms...
I haven't either. I place the order, choose 'in store pick up', take about five steps to the right, and somebody hands me the item. :twisted:
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

Primary Arms has always shipped my order same day or next day depending on what time I place the order. 2 days later it is at my door (Houston to Virginia). You must have ordered something out of stock and said hold entire order until complete.
steve franklin
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve franklin »

Yea. I agree that Primary Arms should not be on your list. Four orders or so from them and they have always been fast in my experience.
ToiddRvs

Post by ToiddRvs »

Apologies to Primary Arms I meant to list Primary Weapons, I tried to order one of their AR's on recommendations from my dealer and was told the rifle would take a week to 10 days to deliver, 1-1/2 months later still no rifle and I cancelled the order with my dealer...

Again Apologies to Primary Arms they do ship fast as I have ordered and received Items from them before.
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

Brownells is slacking lately - must have something to do with the new facility? Used to be that if I ordered before around 2-3pm, I'd get the notice it'd been shipped that day and it'd show up the next or the day after that. Now it's taking them 2 days to ship and I get it a couple days later yet. It's not really a problem, but it's a decline that I've noticed. I wouldn't say it's bad service, but they used to be awesome and now they're just really good. :lol:

Amazon drives me nuts with how they prioritize the Prime people over the rest of the shoppers. I can see orders pending payment for 2 and 3 days prior to being shipped, while the Prime orders go from pending to shipped in hours and sometimes minutes for the next day upgrades. Since they're doing all my fulfillment, I have no control over how long the order/shipping timeline takes, but I'm still the one represented in the transaction so I do care.
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
mrgein
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrgein »

you know what pisses me off? people who can't spell the most BASIC of words.
dillon 650xl
AAC 16" upper
AAC NiB full auto BCG
Raptor CH
KAC URX3.1 13.5"
Ambush lower
Geissele SSA trigger
Savvy Sniper Quad Dual QD sling
IMR 4227
Hornady Custom Dies
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

To answer your question... Yes, but only if they are suppose to ship in a timely manner.

Example, ordering from a place that states standard ground shipping and then it takes 14-days to get to me, that bugs me like some vehicle wheels I'm waiting on :(

I can say that PSA makes me want to be annoyed on Upper shipping times BUT they state a 21 day period from purchase to your door. This has held true in my 2 cases, so having it known before I ordered didn't really bother me. I just wished their policy was much quicker.