8" 300blk barrel

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

1slow01Z71
Silent But Deadly

Re: 8" 300blk barrel

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

Looks like a good base for my 6" build although I'll have to drill out the gas port.
Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone
10 Ring LLC
Silent Operator

Post by 10 Ring LLC »

1slow01Z71 wrote:Looks like a good base for my 6" build although I'll have to drill out the gas port.
Out of curiosity what size are you going to make your gas port for your 6" build.
10 Ring LLC and White River Armory strive to bring quality AR parts to the end user at a reasonable price.
Check us out at www.whiteriverarmory.com
1slow01Z71
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

.108 seems to be common for the real short 300blk barrels. I plan to run an adjustable gas block so if its a little too big it'll be alright.
Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone
10 Ring LLC
Silent Operator

Post by 10 Ring LLC »

Thank you for the info on the gas port size. I am not sure how well cutting down the barrel will work. I have been told that cutting down a barrel that had been processed with the black nitride finish (Melonite) can cause chipping. If you do end up doing it please post pics and let us know how it worked for you.
10 Ring LLC and White River Armory strive to bring quality AR parts to the end user at a reasonable price.
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

10 Ring LLC wrote:These are our barrels. This is a new product for us. The retail store is one of our major dealers. These were pre sold to our dealers at a super low cost to help get our product and name out. The barrels are headed to the finishing company now and should be back to us in a week hopefully.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
I just bought one for my first 300BLK build! Thanks! I'll write it up as soon as I get it running!

JeffWard
Guns are tools designed for dirty work both competitive and defensive. If I meet someone with a well worn gun, I hope their barrel is pointed the same direction as mine if the lead starts flying...
GT350

Post by GT350 »

I bought one too. These are exactly what I was looking for to use on my pistol build and at a price too good to pass up. One blackout is just not enough. I must build more!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. " -Thomas Jefferson
10 Ring LLC
Silent Operator

Post by 10 Ring LLC »

For those of you that ordered barrels. We were told today that they are done with the black nitride finish. Tme should have them back early next week and they should go out to our dealers. We welcome all of your reviews on our product.

If there are any dealers out there that wish to carry out product please send us an email at [email protected].
cpy911

Post by cpy911 »

Will the muzzle threads be cut concentric to the bore for mounting a suppressor and reducing the chance for baffle strikes?
10 Ring LLC wrote:Thank you for the info on the gas port size. I am not sure how well cutting down the barrel will work. I have been told that cutting down a barrel that had been processed with the black nitride finish (Melonite) can cause chipping. If you do end up doing it please post pics and let us know how it worked for you.
10 Ring LLC
Silent Operator

Post by 10 Ring LLC »

cpy911 wrote:Will the muzzle threads be cut concentric to the bore for mounting a suppressor and reducing the chance for baffle strikes?
Yes, that is the design.
68Guy
Silent But Deadly

Post by 68Guy »

FYI - MAS defense has been randomly having sales on their 8" 1:8 300BLK chrome moly barrels for $109. Seem to have a good following and I haven't seen any negative results about their barrels posted on this board. I have been checking every day and have seen the $159 price cut to $109 twice in two weeks. Have to just drop out there and see.
Retired USAFR, NRA Life Member, NSSF, IDPA Range Safety Officer, GSSF member. Multiple ARs including 5.56 M4, 6.8 SPC II and suppressed 300BLK 8" SBR.