Denied for the recent EOTech rebate

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Denied for the recent EOTech rebate

Post by Abiqua »

I picked up an EOTech XPS2-300 from Bullseye in January. Promptly submitted my rebate form online. Today I was happy to see my check in the mail. Turns out it wasn't a check, it was a notice telling me it was denied because I used my PO Box for my return address. Called the 800 number, they're closed and aren't open again until Monday. I'm not expecting good things.

A friend bought the same one from Bullseye and received a denial because his "serial number is not in the accepted range".

Anyone else get screwed?
Magos_Mal
Silent But Deadly

Re: Denied for the recent EOTech rebate

Post by Magos_Mal »

Welcome to the wonderful world of EOTech; where the discounts are made up and the customers don't matter.

You're not the first and won't be the last. EOTech is becoming an HK style company in terms of screwing over normal people because they've got government contracts keeping them afloat.

For what it's worth, I wish you good luck on your Monday call.
-Exterminatus-
WhoDatRR
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhoDatRR »

Had bad luck with Eotech and their rebates. Bought one of the combos, several years back, which qualified for something like a $100 rebate (I forget exactly how much). I mailed it off, and heard nothing for months. Then, I called the 800 number, and was told they hadn't received it and there was no way to get it. I sent in another letter, with a previously scanned copy of the receipt. No dice... I then called Eotech support and was told that Eotech has nothing to do with rebates, as they're administered by a third party.

That was my last Eotech purchase... never again.

Really, what kind of B.S. company states they have nothing to do with their own rebates? I've actually used this experience, in my profession, to illustrate an example of how not to support customers, so I guess I've recouped some of that rebate. Still, it's inexcusable.

Trijicon, on the other hand, has been amazing! Night and day...

Trijicon took back a 5-10yr old ACOG that I bought in a pawn shop near Ft. Hood. The thing looked like it had been rolled over by several Humvees, and had probably been through several tours. They took it back because the trillium might have been dim out of spec... I paid shipping one way, and had a practically new unit within two or so weeks. This, though the serials were almost impossible to read, and the unit had obviously been heavily abused. The only "cumbersome" part of that process was the several phone calls I received afterwards, to see if I was satisfied. I say cumbersome, but in reality those calls showed that they are committed to customer service.

And don't hold your breath for that rebate. Eotech, or their "partner", operate on margins which assume a certain percentage of buyers will not "qualify" for that rebate. Like me, they've apparently placed you in the "unqualified" bucket, so you can feel warm in knowing that you're padding their partner's margin. A partner that Eotech obviously chose as they were the lowest bidder, and not because Eotech (or Level 3?) felt they'd leave their buyers feeling warm and fuzzy.

Personally, I can't wait for someone to make a good Chinese Eotech knockoff. Hell, the overseas company's support can't be much worse. But I'll still buy ACOGs, directly from Trijicon.
---------------
I bet your NFL team could beat my NFL team...
IMGrunt
Silent But Deadly

Post by IMGrunt »

Submitted online, followed up with the proper mail-in requirements and received my rebate...6 or 7 week turn-around.
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." -- Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army
Adam21
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Adam21 »

EOTechs have design problems. Had one, ate batteries like they were Skittles, and took a dump during the first day of a rifle course. Never again. I have an issue with anything ESPECIALLY the main optic on a primary firearm that turns itself off. If my flashlight did that it would be tossed. If my patrol car/radio/ computer did they they too would be gone. If my wifes mouth automatically turned itself off.........we, scratch that one.......you get the point.
Calphalon cookware
BFGoodrich All Terrains
a pet rabbit
some rocks, an oak tree
and a Red Ryder
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

I have three eo's ....they don't have design problems.
They have customer relation problems. Abiqua, I received the same notice as your friend. Calling on Monday. I bought mine from Midway in January.
Magos_Mal
Silent But Deadly

Post by Magos_Mal »

WhoDatRR wrote: Trijicon took back a 5-10yr old ACOG that I bought in a pawn shop near Ft. Hood. The thing looked like it had been rolled over by several Humvees, and had probably been through several tours. They took it back because the trillium might have been dim out of spec... I paid shipping one way, and had a practically new unit within two or so weeks. This, though the serials were almost impossible to read, and the unit had obviously been heavily abused. The only "cumbersome" part of that process was the several phone calls I received afterwards, to see if I was satisfied. I say cumbersome, but in reality those calls showed that they are committed to customer service.
You must have lucked out, because everyone I've ever talked to or dealt with who has had to send something to Trijicon for warrenty work (cracked lens, dented housing, broken fiber optic, dead tritium, etc) has got nothing but excuses and insane repair bills. The cheapest was $400 to replace a lens because the retaining ring came out during a class and was lost (lens was found though).

I've taken to the general rule of never buying anything made in Michigan (home state, go figure... :lol: ), because the companies here are some of the worst around.

Glad they didn't screw you over about the sight, at least for all the money they make they can help one person a year!
-Exterminatus-
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

Called them today, they took my street address and resubmitted. Gave me a new tracking number, time will tell. I'll update when there's more to report on either my or my friends situation.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Anybody who has regularly used an Eotech in a harsh manner will know they crap out all the time. What I have seen first hand is a lot of the Eotechs just die or loose zero for no apparent reason. I have seen it with well used and abused ones as well as brand new ones so there is no rhyme or reason to it. And this was with several different versions but mostly with the AA version. In one trip we had 1/4 of them die and those were brand new ones. In their defense we are a bit hard on equipment but no harder than the average 3 gunner.

I will say that when you have to use night vision that there is nothing greater than the Eotech.

Dolomite
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
renegade
Senior Silent Operator

Post by renegade »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote: I will say that when you have to use night vision that there is nothing greater than the Eotech.
I prefer an Aimpoint or an ACOG. I currently run a 300BLK ACOG behind my CNVD-LR.

At one time I had about 4-5 EOTechs, I am glad people think highly of them, I was able to recoup most of my $$$ when I sold them.