Denied for the recent EOTech rebate

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

agw1059

Re: Denied for the recent EOTech rebate

Post by agw1059 »

Same here. Bought 2 items and followed instructions. Employee at Rifle Gear even assisted me by printing out additional information and gave me extra copies. Roughly 6 weeks later I got a letter stating my rebate was denied.

I made the mistake of sending them the original UPC code and not making a copy (it was included when mailed-off). They stated it was not on file.

Expensive lesson on part; however, that will be the last EOTech product I buy influenced by a rebate.
mostholycerebus
Silent But Deadly

Re: Denied for the recent EOTech rebate

Post by mostholycerebus »

Abiqua wrote:As you say, knowing that some companies use whatever technicality they can to not pay, I check the rules very carefully. I don't recall seeing any restriction on P.O.Boxes. The person I talked to when I called in was polite and helpful, said he would take care of it, and he did.
Virtually every company uses a 3rd party to handle their rebates. How easy they are depends on the company they hire. Some rebate companies are complete sticklers, some will work with you if you give them a call. It depends on what company is hired, but also what rejection rate the two companies are targeting.

It sounds like Eotech is selling on small margins, so they need a higher rejection rate to retain profitability. That, or they feel they will lose very few customers with a high rejection rate, so why waste money? Probably rightly so, they know many, many people are buying them for the name (which may equal quality). What are internet fanboys going to do, switch to a Bushnell over a $60 rebate? Doubtful.