DOJ ready to announce an expansion of Firearm background che

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

UserX
Senior Silent Operator

DOJ ready to announce an expansion of Firearm background che

Post by UserX »

Just a heads up but it looks like Obama's 23 Executive orders that he signed on January 16th of 2013 are starting to take affect.
The updated regulations will grant tribal police access to NICS and authorize law enforcement agencies to use the system to run full background checks before returning guns that have been seized or confiscated during the course of investigations. of course anyone with any sense realizes that they are setting the stage for what is to come.
The third amendment involves consolidated, electronic storage of information on gun purchases that have been denied via the NICS system, according to a rulemaking notice issued in January.
DOJ ready to announce an expansion of Firearm background checks
I am a conservative political activist so be warned. Checkout my political news BLOG "The Free Republic" at http://freerepublic.suckmyblog.com
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Re: DOJ ready to announce an expansion of Firearm background

Post by VENT625 »

I know this will piss alot of you off, but I actually think the background checks are a good thing. In my profession, I see, several times a week, where background checks are keeping guns out of criminals hands. The lastest was a child molester who tried to buy a gun from a pawn shop. The pawn shop submitted his application to CBI (colorado bureau of investigation) for a background. When his history came up, they called us. Lets just say his PO was very interested in his attempted purchase.

When I take a gun in to sell on consignment, if it doesnt sell, or I change my mind, I have to go through a background check before I walk out with it. Its a tiny inconvenience, but I can deal with it. I have no problems with backgrounds, I do however, have a problem with banning stuff! Banning certain firearms and magazines, is just plain silly. Thats not dealing with the issue, thats pushing it to the side. Most of the time its a "do good, feel good" thing done by the governor.

AND HOMEY DONT PLAY THAT!!!!!

"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

ThreeHundredTraveler
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredTraveler »

We got by for hundreds of years without background checks. Infringement for sure. And if some bad guy gets a gun too dadgum bad. If we had must carry open carry that bad guy would not be around long. We took our guns to school so we wouldn't have to waste time after school getting our gun to go hunting.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

ThreeHundredTraveler wrote:We got by for hundreds of years without background checks. Infringement for sure. And if some bad guy gets a gun too dadgum bad. If we had must carry open carry that bad guy would not be around long. We took our guns to school so we wouldn't have to waste time after school getting our gun to go hunting.

Youre right, we did go hundreds of years without them. And now, society is so fricken stupid, adjustments had to be made. 300 hundred years ago, people werent smoking crack, doped up on anti psychotic meds, and running through schools with a vengeance because they got a "c" in math.

While it is everyones right to have a gun......some people just should not.

1slow01Z71
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

If the DOJ would actually prosecute people who try to illegally buy guns I might be ok with background checks. As it stands now something insane like 75k were rejected last year and only 13 convicted. Forgive me if a law thats only enforced on law abiding citizens doesnt give me the warm and fuzzys.
Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

I see people going to jail monthly trying to purchase a firearm with a warrant. It does work, maybe because Im in the middle of it, I see it more.

UserX
Senior Silent Operator

Post by UserX »

I am definitely not a big fan of increased backgrounds checks being performed by our government. The primary problem that I am seeing within the 23 EO's, that our king has signed, is they are working towards a federal database, a registry, by riding on the curtail of mental health, greater background checks and horrifying crises.
The third amendment involves consolidated, electronic storage of information on gun purchases that have been denied via the NICS system.
The above is a huge statement that the administration will claim is needed in order to be able to do the background checks. It is not hard to see how background checks will cause more damage then good because they are being used to ram the true agenda down our throats, a gun registry.
I am a conservative political activist so be warned. Checkout my political news BLOG "The Free Republic" at http://freerepublic.suckmyblog.com
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

There already is a gun registry, its called the BATFE. Everytime you purchase a gun, your name/address and serial number are sent to them. Its "registered".

ScottB70
Silent But Deadly

Post by ScottB70 »

VENT625 wrote:There already is a gun registry, its called the BATFE. Everytime you purchase a gun, your name/address and serial number are sent to them. Its "registered".
I was told buy a gun shop owner that they do submit your name, social security number, address, and serial number when they do a background check. He told me that they don't confirm that I ever bought the gun that the check was run for. Also, at another shop when I bought a lower and filled out the background check paperwork I got my 'proceed'. Then I decided to buy a shotgun and .30-30 in the same day. They didn't call me in again, they just added those guns to the previous paperwork.

I don't know what kind of records the government keeps, but from what I understand, they have no proof that you've bought what you were background checked for unless they request records from the shop owner.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

ScottB70 wrote:
VENT625 wrote:There already is a gun registry, its called the BATFE. Everytime you purchase a gun, your name/address and serial number are sent to them. Its "registered".
I was told buy a gun shop owner that they do submit your name, social security number, address, and serial number when they do a background check. quote]

That statement makes no sense. What are they doing the background on if they dont submit you name, address, and social security number?

The form you fill out, personal info, mental health questions, and firearm info is all sent to the BATFE. If the gun you buy is used in a crime, the BATFE can trace it to who bought it, and maybe track if from there.