300 blackout sabot

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Joshua Seymour

300 blackout sabot

Post by Joshua Seymour »

Anybody heard of Remington accelerators? Think I could handload something similar for a 300 blackout? And please no one ask me why I would want/need to. I simply think it would be fun to play around with.
WhoDatRR
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 blackout sabot

Post by WhoDatRR »

Best one I know of is a rare cartridge called the 5.56... LOL
---------------
I bet your NFL team could beat my NFL team...
Joshua Seymour

Post by Joshua Seymour »

WhoDatRR wrote:Best one I know of is a rare cartridge called the 5.56... LOL
Haha yea I know. but I just think it would be pretty cool to try it out. Im basically making up an excuse to have some sort of saboted cartridge. .30/.22 sabot are the easiest to acquire other than typical muzzleloader sabots. I have even contemplated using .36 muzzleloader sabots to shoot light .30 cals out of a .38.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sharkbite »

Ok let me see if i understand this...

You wanna cut down a 223 case... Blow it out to 30 cal and then load a saboted 22cal bullet?

Sounds COOL to me :P Thats the kind of shit i do that drives my wife CRAZY. She asks why i did something. My response... "Cause I can!!"
Joshua Seymour

Post by Joshua Seymour »

Sharkbite wrote:Ok let me see if i understand this...

You wanna cut down a 223 case... Blow it out to 30 cal and then load a saboted 22cal bullet?

Sounds COOL to me :P Thats the kind of shit i do that drives my wife CRAZY. She asks why i did something. My response... "Cause I can!!"
Yes sir! that's the idea. And it will help me use up a lot of the .223 fmj boolits I have laying around.
sten668

Post by sten668 »

I have used sabots in the 30-06, 300 Weatherby and the 7.62x39, years ago. I didn't have much luck with them. A 4x8 foot sheet of plywood was safe most of the time. I didn't have much time on my hands so I quickly lost interest and haven't tried them since.
Load from a disk was not out yet so I called the manufacture of the sabots for loading. I do have most of a bag of 1000 sabots and recently came into some 30-06 accelerators in original boxes. I retired and now have a range in the backyard and free time on my hands and a couple 300WTF rifles....hmmm.
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
Joshua Seymour

Post by Joshua Seymour »

Looks like this is a common idea with little success. Any one have any last words before this thread is officially dead?
Mgoirea
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Mgoirea »

Sabots do work, and some small militaries use them (I think Finland?). But you can't get good ones commercially.

Also, suppressing sabots does not work; they're mutually exclusive. Since suppressors are so awesome, that usually rules out sabots.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

Joshua Seymour wrote:Looks like this is a common idea with little success. Any one have any last words before this thread is officially dead?
rest in peace? :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.