Gas Buster Charging Handle BCM Gunfighter or PRI ?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bani
Silent But Deadly

Re: Gas Buster Charging Handle BCM Gunfighter or PRI ?

Post by bani »

da bugman wrote:I have a national match upper. No forward assist or deflector to crush case mouths. I was thinking of drilling a couple gas vents pointing down on the port-side of the receiver. Any thoughts? Any body try this.

JD
why ruin your receiver. get an AR gas vent.
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

bani wrote:
Explain to me how he installs one in an AR receiver with no forward assist(or provision for one) and I will BUY HIM the Gas Vent.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
da bugman
Silent But Deadly

Post by da bugman »

rjacobs wrote:
bani wrote:
Explain to me how he installs one in an AR receiver with no forward assist(or provision for one) and I will BUY HIM the Gas Vent.
My wife says I need a gas vent and knows were to install it. I hope she is talking about the same thing we are
FireteamMichael

Post by FireteamMichael »

1st of all. The guy adding a port to charging handle 👌 I've been wondering about this forever... and one could do that without need for drilling hole in receiver. And aren't National Match guns basically like "issue" configuration? "Stock" components? Though this may have changed over the years.. but I knew they could use finer sight post, finer increments iron sight adjustments, and they even made clever free float hand guards that looked like standard A2s as (I thought) they had to run stock configurations, obviously there's some leeway...but that might have changed since the years back when I was learning all that stuff
FireteamMichael

Post by FireteamMichael »

m3s90 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:32 am This is what I did, works great

How effective is this? Once I learned about the Gas Buster's design, I wondered why one couldn't do exactly this? And I'm now tempted to try as i have spare chs
cdl
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cdl »

I have a couple PRI handles, then Griffin released the SN-ACH (Suppressor Normalized Ambidextrous Charging Handle). I had to have a SN-ACH on my rifle. The big handles on both can poke my chest a bit on the warm days. Also the Griffin latch, latches the upper pretty aggressively, but a little fine emery cloth will smooth out the hook if it bothers you. They both effectively eliminate gas on my rifles.

I'll probably try drilling out a stock handle for kicks. See if I can destroy it with use. But I really enjoy showing off my sweet little rifle's SN-ACH. It's great for conversation.