Why is Midway USA beginning to suck too?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Re: Why is Midway USA beginning to suck too?

Post by rjacobs »

platella:

I was just coming to post what you did. Loaded ammo is "dangerous goods" in the whole ridiculous regulatory book. There can only be so much "dangerous goods" loaded on one truck or airplane, same with hazmat. There is no "dangerous goods" surcharge on any carrier that I am aware of. Hazmat(true hazmat) is another story obviously.

And if Hazmat fees double(which a lot of companies dont pay anyway because of the various license's that they hold) there will simply be a shit ton more undocumented hazmat being shipped. I would bet for every piece of documented hazmat there is at least one or more pieces of undocumented hazmat being shipped by people who dont know they needed to ship hazmat.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
scpossum

Post by scpossum »

I think they have gone up and I also dont understand why it starts as UPS and ends up USPS. Takes an extra two days over before they changed.
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

that is either SurePost or Mail Express, both have UPS do the pickup at Midway, with mail express it then goes to a area USPS hub and then routed thru the postal system to your residence, Surepost has UPS transport the pkg to your LOCAL post office for final delivery.

The thing about it for me is the UPS driver hits my house before the post office, and we don't have mail delivery to the house out here so down off the mtn I go even though the UPS guy just drove up the mtn and dropped off a pkg at my house, LOL

You can select alternative shipping, that is not your only choices, but those two boondoggles are the lowest cost option and that is what is automatically selected for you. surepost always gets here 1-2 days before commitment, it works for me, other than having to follow the UPS guy to the post office for my pkg! LOL
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

I buy alot of stuff from midway especially if I want it fast . I do try to make a large order to help offset the cost I also have a curio and relic license and the discount usually comnes close to paying the shipping . another thing is they have to pay somebody to fill the order and get it ready to ship . hopefully they are making a decent wage.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

VENT625 wrote:I just received an order from them, $43.00 in reloading tools, shipping was $9.53. I didnt think that was too bad.
that's seems bad to me. That's what +25% cost just in shipping?
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

steven11b wrote:
VENT625 wrote:I just received an order from them, $43.00 in reloading tools, shipping was $9.53. I didnt think that was too bad.
that's seems bad to me. That's what +25% cost just in shipping?
Doing it as percent is meaningless. You could buy a $2 item and pay $10 shipping (i.e., FedEx or UPS would charge $10 to ship which Midway passes along).

All of you complaining about shipping should spend some time on FedEx or UPS's website and calculate various shipping costs before complaining too much. And none of us know exactly what type of rate Midway has contracted with UPS.

As far as free shipping, sure it is great, but there is no free lunch, if shipping is included, the cost of it is built into the products you purchase. The only thing you can do is look at the total combined cost (product and shipping) and compare the delivered cost to other vendors that have the same products. I buy a lot of stuff from Midway and they have competitive pricing, a wide selection and handle the orders quickly and accurately.
M4Madness

Post by M4Madness »

RDA wrote:All of you complaining about shipping should spend some time on FedEx or UPS's website and calculate various shipping costs before complaining too much. And none of us know exactly what type of rate Midway has contracted with UPS.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I placed an order with a tiny company (compared to MidwayUSA), and shipping was less than half of Midway's for THREE TIMES THE PACKAGE WEIGHT. And MidwayUSA is even closer to me!
tgriffin27

Post by tgriffin27 »

Talk about high price shipping! Here is one of the members here that has only posted twice since joining in 2007 and he is asking $80 dollars a 50 round box for 300 BLK subsonic reloaded ammo and $20 dollars to ship it to your door now thats highway robbery!!!
viewtopic.php?f=179&t=84488
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

tgriffin27 wrote:Talk about high price shipping! Here is one of the members here that has only posted twice since joining in 2007 and he is asking $80 dollars a 50 round box for 300 BLK subsonic reloaded ammo and $20 dollars to ship it to your door now thats highway robbery!!!
viewtopic.php?f=179&t=84488

I commented on that post....while I believe in free enterprise, the flourish of small business, and the right to a profit, I think some people are just freakin ridiculous. Oh and Im selling my 300 blk rifle. Its a Smith and Wesson, $11,500 plus $50 shipping. Paypal only, add 3%.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

scpossum

Post by scpossum »

I sent them an email today and told them i wasn't ordering from them because the shipping had gotten stupid. Didn't say it exactly like that, though. Two extra days wait and also price +shipping is more than local.