Tutorial: How to post or upload pictures

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

GT350

Re: Tutorial: How to post or upload pictures

Post by GT350 »

I like it use dropbox.com. It can be used for far more than just image hosting and they offer 2gb of secure storage for free.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. " -Thomas Jefferson
pd_3307
Senior Silent Operator

Post by pd_3307 »

Just uploading pics to test and see if im doing correctly. Image Image
stengun
Senior Silent Operator

Post by stengun »

Howdy,

Let's see if this works........

Paul

P.S. It worked! I use photobucket.
I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill & Hillary National Airport!!!
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Post by ozleux »

Cool, this works
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

Finally getting around to testing things out.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

I'm glad you guys are finding this thread helpful. Its good to be able to post pics ain't it lol :)
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

tallburnedmidget wrote:I'm glad you guys are finding this thread helpful. Its good to be able to post pics ain't it lol :)
We all know talk is cheap. Pictures or it didn't happen. This forum really makes things easier and I am very thankful for all the help over the years. I am finally getting back to research/testing with my blackouts. Moving to the FREE state of Virginia was the best decision of my life. Sic Semper Tyrannis!
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

tallburnedmidget wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:13 pm [EDITED: tinypic has gone out of business so updating to use a free similar service that does not require an account. This new alternative is "imgur" which will do the same thing but the steps may be a little different so updating this tutorial to work with imgur.com so you can post pictures here]

I have seen quiet few times where new users or users with less technology experience have asked how to post pictures onto the forum and after some searching I noticed that I could not find any content on how to do so. I added a simple image based tutorial below that should help walk people through the process of uploading/posting pictures to a forum just like 300BblkTalk (this forum).

I hope people find this useful, enjoy :)

To sum up the steps on a computer you:

1. Upload your picture from your machine to a website like http://www.imgur.com as shown in the images below (imgur.com is free and does not require a login to be created)

2. Once your picture is uploaded to imgur.com you right click and "Copy Image Location" to copy the url/location of the uploaded image on the internet.

3. You come to this forum and open or create a post, then Paste the copied url/location (from imgur.com) into the post.

4. Highlight the url/location you pasted in your forum post and click the "Insert Image" button and the picture will be ready to be shown when you submit your post

See the step by step picture tutorial here:

1. Upload picture to imgur.com

2. Copy image Location. Right click anywhere ON the picture and choose "Copy Image Location"

3. Paste in 300blktalk.com forum post, in this post you see the ur/location text "h ttps://i.imgur.com/RWNy76h.jpg"

4. Highlight the url/location text and click "Insert Image" button in post AND then SUBMIT the post to see the image

Hi everyone. Tinypic has gone away (along with the images used on tinypic and posted anywhere on the internet) so I updated this tutorial post to use imgur which is similar and free without having to create an account. The steps may be a little different but the result is the same.

I just wanted to post here so it would move to the top of the unread and recent posts pages so people could see it if they need it.
Enjoy! :)