Tutorial: How to post or upload pictures

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Tutorial: How to post or upload pictures

Post by tallburnedmidget »

[EDITED: tinypic has gone out of business so updating to use a free similar service that does not require an account. This new alternative is "imgur" which will do the same thing but the steps may be a little different so updating this tutorial to work with imgur.com_ so you can post pictures here]

I have seen quiet few times where new users or users with less technology experience have asked how to post pictures onto the forum and after some searching I noticed that I could not find any content on how to do so. I added a simple image based tutorial below that should help walk people through the process of uploading/posting pictures to a forum just like 300BblkTalk (this forum).

I hope people find this useful, enjoy :)

To sum up the steps on a computer you:

1. Upload your picture from your machine to a website like http://www.imgur.com_ as shown in the images below (imgur.com is free and does not require a login to be created)

2. Once your picture is uploaded to imgur.com you right click and "Copy Image Location" to copy the url/location of the uploaded image on the internet.

3. You come to this forum and open or create a post, then Paste the copied url/location (from imgur.com) into the post.

4. Highlight the url/location you pasted in your forum post and click the "Insert Image" button and the picture will be ready to be shown when you submit your post

See the step by step picture tutorial here:

1. Upload picture to imgur.com_

2. Copy image Location. Right click anywhere ON the picture and choose "Copy Image Location" or "Copy image address" (Chrome)

3. Paste in 300blktalk.com forum post, in this post you see the ur/location text "h ttps://i.imgur.com/RWNy76h.jpg"

4. Highlight the url/location text and click "Insert Image" button in post AND then SUBMIT the post to see the image

Last edited by tallburnedmidget on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:07 am, edited 10 times in total.
300Blk
Site Admin

Re: Tutorial: How to post or upload pictures

Post by 300Blk »

I like imageshack. I like using the direct link. Make your photos no wider than about 800-1200 pixels first in an image-editing program.

Then you put the image tags around the address (there is a botton for that if you prefer).
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

300Blk wrote:I like imageshack. I like using the direct link. Make your photos no wider than about 800-1200 pixels first in an image-editing program.

Then you put the image tags around the address (there is a botton for that if you prefer).
I go the direct URL route myself. I use tinypic because I can slam a picture in quickly and never worry about it again.
The tutorial and the instructions are as simple as they get. My hopes are that the less savy computer user (take my father as an example) can get their pics up quickly and then branch out to what you suggest :)
Blackout99

Post by Blackout99 »

Like to see the web site "fixed" as to browse directories and post as most mature web sites do..
PoliceMark
Silent But Deadly

8.5 Rainier barrel installed

Post by PoliceMark »

Speed. Surprise. Violence of Action.
PoliceMark
Silent But Deadly

Post by PoliceMark »

It works!
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Yeah. That tutorial was about as simple as they come. Should help the beginners and less savvy users :)
PoliceMark
Silent But Deadly

Post by PoliceMark »

Hey! I resemble that !
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

300Blk wrote:I like imageshack. I like using the direct link. Make your photos no wider than about 800-1200 pixels first in an image-editing program.

Imageshack now charges for their service after a 30 day trial period. If I have to look at their advertisements, I don't want to pay extra.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I posted that before they changed. I don't use them anymore.

Try postimage.