Turret for M2

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

P1ZombieKiller

Turret for M2

Post by P1ZombieKiller »

Hey guys... Don't post much on this site, but thought this would be the best place to ask.
I just put a new Mark 4 (with M2 turrets) on my 300 Blackout, and I want to get a custom turret (or two) for it.
Should I get the turret made by Leupold? or somewhere else like Kenton? What about those guys that make the tape that goes right on your turret? I want to be able to zero my gun with the particular loads, and know it's on at 75 or 250.

Can you reply and give me the pro's and cons on each? I'm looking for those that have actually used the product.... not just what a buddy has said.

Accuracy is not a gift. A gift is something you don't have to earn.
www.P1ZK.com
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Re: Turret for M2

Post by nolwark76 »

Sweet setup. What is the purpose of the rifle and reticle? Are you wanting hits or bullseyes? Barometric pressure, air temp, humidity, etc all factor into shot placement. The further out the more this matters that you take it into account. I realize that for this caliber its not as critical as the distances are shorter.

I like the idea of custom turrets for hunting. Minute of deer yes. I can't think of many situations as a civilian where is need the speed of a custom turret. Either I need speed and the Target is close enough to just hold over or its far enough that I will have to set up and dial anyway. Why not dial exactly instead of close? Things change so for all weather and temp the turrets won't be bullseye accurate most likely. Just my opinion.
HiCapMag

Post by HiCapMag »

P1ZombieKiller

Post by P1ZombieKiller »

This will primarily be a 35-125 yard Texas deer hunting rifle for kids. While the adjustible turret will not be needed for them hunting, I would like to play with it on steel at all types of ranges. The turret is mainly for that.
Accuracy is not a gift. A gift is something you don't have to earn.
www.P1ZK.com