New wave of 300BLK trolls???

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

New wave of 300BLK trolls???

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Has anyone else noticed the influx of a new wave of 300BLK naysayers/trolls?

It's the same BS from last year.

You stole J.D. Jones ideas, violated his patents (even though there is no patent)
It's not really anything other than a 357 or 30 carbine - why?
The ammo is hard to find.
The ammo is too expensive.

It's just the second verse. . . same as the first.
Bersa
Silent Operator

Re: New wave of 300BLK trolls???

Post by Bersa »

L1A1Rocker wrote:Has anyone else noticed the influx of a new wave of 300BLK naysayers/trolls?

It's the same BS from last year.

You stole J.D. Jones ideas, violated his patents (even though there is no patent)
It's not really anything other than a 357 or 30 carbine - why?
The ammo is hard to find.
The ammo is too expensive.

It's just the second verse. . . same as the first.

And that's fine, I'll keep mine, continue to load/reload and shoot... :lol:
Retooferab
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Retooferab »

I was over on the 300 Whisper forums when they were developing this and am fine with it. I don't see the point of super sonics with it but that is someone else's prerogative. I'm happy about the 300blk. I have never shot one factory round but, I'm glad they're out there.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
FourLoko

Post by FourLoko »

I guess that's one way to look at it. Guess we can't all be as cool as you :roll:
Retooferab
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Retooferab »

I never said I was cool! :) I just think that anything that brings more to the market and lowers the price of something is a good thing unless it comes from china. The main reason i don't I don't shoot super sonics is I have a Grendel and I don't see the point of it since I have the Grendel. If I only had one upper I'd probably try super sonics.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Retooferab wrote:I never said I was cool! :) I just think that anything that brings more to the market and lowers the price of something is a good thing unless it comes from china. The main reason i don't I don't shoot super sonics is I have a Grendel and I don't see the point of it since I have the Grendel. If I only had one upper I'd probably try super sonics.
He may be responding to my O.P. Here's some exerpts from his very first post here:

That excitement didn't last long and I noticed hints of scare ammo before I even bought my first and only Blackout upper. I'm a gun guy and like toys so when I found a used upper for sale I jumped on it. The MAIN reason I pulled the trigger was because the seller had ammo to go with it - 200 rounds of the $12.99 Remington UMC and a full ammo can of specialty ammo including supers and subs. I was stoked.
At this point, there is no good reason the shortage is as extreme as it is. Maybe we won't pay $11.99/box but we all know the components are there and the so called "shortage" is greatly exaggerated. 300 AAC should be on the shelves and it will sell. Remington seriously needs to step up.
viewtopic.php?f=128&t=83886&p=785068#p785068

Doesn't seem to know why he bought an AR in 300BLK other than it had ammo with it. Now it's all Remington's fault that he can't get cheap ammo :roll:
HotHolster
Silent But Deadly

Post by HotHolster »

Maybe they are getting bored with their everyday forums?

I don't get why anyone argues about the 300 Blk. We all agree it isn't the perfect gun for all purposes, but those who have them use it for their own purpose. I don't see anyone forcing anyone else to get a 300 Blk, nor do I see anyone with a 300 Blk forcing someone to buy into the Blk.

Yes we know there is a problem finding factory ammo and components are sometimes difficult to locate but for us who like and enjoy the 300 Blk we do what we have to in order to continue with it.

To those with the 6.5's, 6.8's, 308's, or 7.62's, who shoot long distances or for large game, have your calibers, we're not telling you to get rid of them or even telling you to get a 300 Blk. We don't care what you want or have, just as you don't care about the 300 Blk but yet want to argue about it.
Legionaire
Silent But Deadly

Post by Legionaire »

The funny thing about people posting why a cartridge is useless or doesnt fit a particular role is that the same argument can be made about every cartridge ever made. name any cartridge and you can point out a problem it has filling a certain role. So hate the 300 blk all you want but it does have a purpose and as much or more so than other cartridges. It is a very versatile cartridge.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Yeah L1a1rocker, there does seem to be a few more trolls on here. Blaming Remington for the ammo shortage is foolish at best. And suggesting that Remington has abandoned the round is silly also.

Had one in that thread comment on "advertising", but never answered my question, when I asked him what advertising.

That people are mad about the lack of inexpensive factory ammo, I get. I want my Federal .22lr bulk pack for $10.00 again, but that is not going to happen. For that matter. I haven't found any descent priced .22lr fodder anywhere locally. But I don't have the urge to blame Federal, I blame the panic buyers, and the ones buying it for the only purpose of reselling it. While at the same time I don't really blame the re-sellers, because that is the nature of a free market economy, and if these panic buyers were not willing to pay the over inflated prices, because they did not buy ammo or components slowly over the years, then this would die down and ammo would be back on the shelves.

According to a few of the new guys that makes me an elitist :roll:
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

Everyone is saying people should have stocked up over the years, got into reloading etc,,,,but what about new firearm owners? or how about someone who couldn't afford to spend massive amounts hording ammo because they had to feed their families? They are as important to the continued survival of our right to bear arms as anything else.

attack and treat them like the media treats the rest of the 2nd amendment supporters and it wont be long and the scum sucking commie bastards will win and we will loose and loose hard!
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!