Any updates on Remington 300blk Ammo Production?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

300Blk
Site Admin

Re: Any updates on Remington 300blk Ammo Production?

Post by 300Blk »

Remington is supportive enough to have developed and produced 16 different loads for it in a relatively short period of time. That is, I think, unprecedented.
angelonm

Post by angelonm »

I have just finished my first 300 blk rifle. I have everything i need to start loading my own. I would feel more comfortable with factory ammo as first rounds fired but i cant find them anywhere and refuse to pay the 2 dollars and up per round on gunbroker. Locally i cant find anything either. Though i have used components from dependable companies, it will take a long time for me to feel comfortable working up loads. I wish i had at least had virgin 300 blk brass. I am sure things will start to ease soon.
buffalocountry

Post by buffalocountry »

Here is a new and upcoming source of 300 BO ammo hopefully to be available soon. Take a look as they are going to spool up for the manufacture and you can get your name in the hat to hold your place in line to purchase some. Prices are not the $11.96 for Remington 115 grainers found last year and the price may be the future for all shooters who don't reload. Reloading isn't a real bargain either price wise anymore.

Mon-Fri 8:00AM-4:30PM MDT

Kathy Greenhaw

Captech International

2441 Dakota Craft Dr

Rapid City, SD 57701

(605)791-1974

http://www.captechintl.com/
harrishmasher
Silent But Deadly

Post by harrishmasher »

buffalocountry wrote:Here is a new and upcoming source of 300 BO ammo hopefully to be available soon. Take a look as they are going to spool up for the manufacture and you can get your name in the hat to hold your place in line to purchase some. Prices are not the $11.96 for Remington 115 grainers found last year and the price may be the future for all shooters who don't reload. Reloading isn't a real bargain either price wise anymore.

Kathy Greenhaw

Captech International

2441 Dakota Craft Dr

Rapid City, SD 57701

(605)791-1974

http://www.captechintl.com/
Awesome! Thanks! And you are right, reloading isn't really a bargain. Based on my initial look, components are really hard to find and not cheap when you can find them.
buffalocountry

Post by buffalocountry »

Full reply from Jamison as follows:

Thanks for your interest in the 300 Blackout. We are in the process of producing the 300 BLK ammunition and brass. The brass is made by Jamison Brass & Ammo and is made in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. We are offering both the Supersonic and Subsonic loads in boxes of 20 rounds. Unfortunately they will not be available for two months or so due to the high demand on ammunition at this time. We are taking pre orders now but we are asking that you pay 50% down to secure your place in line. The retail prices are as follows:

300 BLK 125 gr HP 20ct box $28.50

300 BLK 200gr HPBT 20ct Box $30.75

300 BLK Brass 50ct Bag $33.50

300 BLK Brass 100ct Bag $66.00

We will be adding more ammunition and brass calibers throughout the year. I am attaching the Retail price list of the calibers we are currently making. For more information and current updates, please visit our website at:

www.captechintl.com

If you are interested in becoming a Dealer of our brass and ammunition send me an email or call

Kathy Greenhaw

Captech International

2441 Dakota Craft Dr

Rapid City, SD 57701

(605)791-1974
bani
Silent But Deadly

Post by bani »

if you have time to post on intarweb forums, you have time to reload.

in the time it took you to post those rants, you could have a couple hundred rounds of 300blk by now.
GSO
Silent But Deadly

Post by GSO »

buffalocountry wrote:Full reply from Jamison as follows:

Thanks for your interest in the 300 Blackout. We are in the process of producing the 300 BLK ammunition and brass. The brass is made by Jamison Brass & Ammo and is made in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. We are offering both the Supersonic and Subsonic loads in boxes of 20 rounds. Unfortunately they will not be available for two months or so due to the high demand on ammunition at this time. We are taking pre orders now but we are asking that you pay 50% down to secure your place in line. The retail prices are as follows:
I don't know about anyone else, but 50% down on ammo that will be ready in "two months OR SO" doesn't do much for me. I've got my wholesale order in with Black Hills for a case of 220 gr 300 Whisper and they won't charge me until it ships in 8 to 12 months. I'd rather wait than front someone's business, even if it did only turn out to be two months.
I don't collect firearms; they just accumulate...

"Be Prepared" - My motto from an early age.

Greg
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

aacdragon wrote:Hey dellet, I'll take some of that free ammo you were offering on page 3. JK

I'm not sitting at home on my butt getting a paycheck. I'm actually out busting my ass to work, long freaking hours. So I do know what you mean about people wanting everything dropped on their doorstep. I can't go to a gas station without being asked for money, or people rapping on window wanting a hand out at stop lights. I'm up at the gas station at 6 in the morning pumping gas, and so is the guy asking for money. Somehow, you'd think the guy asking for money would change his career. He's still up early in the morning working, and apparently not doing very at his profession.

I feel lucky enough that I was able to purchase the firearm that will shoot the 300. This whole depleted market hit pretty much in a time when the 300 was just coming out. At least in the area I'm in. I figure I can acquire the ammo either by learning the re-loading process, or paying for it like I did for my rifles. Do we buy our cars, not expecting to pay for the gas. We pay for the gas whether it's up or down, in order to have the privilage to drive. Ammo is the same way. It's out there. Price is the deal breaker. Whether we have an opportunity to shoot is up to each individual. 6 bucks difference on the price of a box of ammo???? More than that was paid for the rifle. What is 6 bucks?

Don't want to pay for gas....no gas/no drive.
Don't want to pay for ammo.....no ammo/no shoot.
Don't want to work for living.....no work/no live.

So in another week, I'll have two 300 BLK rifles. I have yet to purchase ammo. I already have ammo for my 5.56 rifles, and pistols, and all the hunting rifles I have as well. So with time, the ammo will come as well.

My last purchase on a 300 had an option for ammo on the purchase. I could not buy it at the time, but at least is was there to be offered. I'd rather have the firearm in my hands first, they look for ammo. I'll find ammo somewhere. As mentioned, there's some on sale on GunBroker. So people cannot say it is not available. For those of us who have not chosen to reload, (as myself), I'm going to have to pay someone's asking price. Nevertheless, reloading is more enticing.

I think I'll go and buy 6 years of gasonline, and then look at buying a car. It does not work that way.
Hello Sir Dragon.

Sounds like you have a goal, a plan and a way to achieve it with time and patience. I am sure you will be successful. I do need to make a couple clarifications tho as I did not offer any free ammo.

What you read:
free ammo you were offering on page 3.

What I wrote;
"Yes, the entitlement attitude is alive and well in the shooting world. Next thing you know I will be required to give 30% of all ammo I buy or build to those who can't find any, or won't build it themselves."
I fear another tax taking from the have's, to give to the have not's

What you might have also miss-understood were the conditions of delivery of said protested government forced subsidy:
Available for delivery, as a complete set only.
Bullet, slightly used.
Case, re-loadable, CAREFUL IT'S HOT!

Available for pick-up, Please bring first two components as proof of ownership.
Powder, allotted on per case w/bullet count, based on bullet weight.
Primer, One per spent case only please.
To be more clear;
"Bullet, slightly used",
Should have read "once fired"
"Case, re-loadable, CAREFUL IT'S HOT!
Should have included "Just fired and matched to the once fired bullet"

"Available for pick-up, Please bring first two components as proof of ownership."
I should have stated that Proof of ownership would require a matching DNA sample form the "once fired, slightly used bullet" to the presenter at time of redemption. (every effort will be made to avoid "pass throughs" for easy bullet collection).

Sorry, for any confusion I may have caused you.

"I think I'll go and buy 6 years of gasonline, and then look at buying a car. It does not work that way."
I agree with you here, but then again if I was not positive I could buy the gas when I wanted to, I would not buy the car. I might tho consider a diesel and make my own. In this case I certainly would start producing fuel before taking delivery.

Or in the case of our op as I understand it. Buy a weapon requiring a stamp and waiting period of 6 plus months and then start immediately fussing about not having the ammo to shoot something he can not take possession of. (In fairness he does say the dealer will allow him to shoot it on their range. Maybe they require factory ammo and thats the issue?)

Speaking of wasted time, I need to go load up what I shot today. Maybe I will try a different bullet next week, let's see whats on the shelf..........
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Waveman
Silent Operator

Post by Waveman »

300Blk wrote:Remington is supportive enough to have developed and produced 16 different loads for it in a relatively short period of time. That is, I think, unprecedented.
Do you mean 16 products? 16 different cartridges?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

16 types of 300 BLK ammunition.