What is the most accurate out of box 300blkout AR

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Wilder
Elite Member

What is the most accurate out of box 300blkout AR

Post by Wilder »

I don't own an AR. I have always used the 308 bolt gun with my Omaga 30, but the 300 has help me make decisioen to take the plunge. Witch AR woukd you buy for out if the box accuracy. Money is an object, so the sky is not the limit.Thanks for the advice, and if any if you can post a link with reviews I would be grateful.
Alee Hillbilly
300Blk
Site Admin

Re: What is the most accurate out of box 300blkout AR

Post by 300Blk »

This is what I got from my AAC 9 inch SBR with no magnification:

darr3239
Silent But Deadly

Post by darr3239 »

That's the never to be seen again ammo isn't it?
"We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Retooferab
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Retooferab »

Mine!
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

What is the price range on these. This is an out of the box gun, and who would have one in stock. Like I said in my original post price is an object.
Alee Hillbilly
2bad4u2
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2bad4u2 »

A Daniel Defense DDM4 V5 would be a decent option. Price would be somewhere close to $1,600 of found at pre-Newtown prices.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

The AAC is about $1600. AAC has not raised any prices. A typical good dealer will sell it at MSRP and pre-panic probably would have sold it for $100 below MSRP.
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

DD is not an option. I purchased from them at the last shoot show in Orlando. They were glad to have my business when they were trying to sell 1000 rifles, but I called then back in Oct. They told me Dec. Called back no record of my order. They told me to send them a copy of my FFL. I did with a note to call to verify they had received the copy. No call back. Email once wanting to find out what was going on after an email I sent. No response. I also did a transfer for a customer who bought one off gunbrokera 223. The customer asked if I would shoot it for him, which I thought was strange since we both shoot bullet hole targets 25 yards with 22 lr and the best I could get was a 2 to 3 inch group at 50 years. He thought it was just him. Its a bad gun no question. I will have to see something different before I buy a DD. The guns I bought in 09 would hit quarters at 100 yards. The DD was going to be my choice until recently. That's why Im here asking about what to buy. I know what not to buy.
Alee Hillbilly
2bad4u2
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2bad4u2 »

Wilder wrote:DD is not an option. I purchased from them at the last shoot show in Orlando. They were glad to have my business when they were trying to sell 1000 rifles, but I called then back in Oct. They told me Dec. Called back no record of my order. They told me to send them a copy of my FFL. I did with a note to call to verify they had received the copy. No call back. Email once wanting to find out what was going on after an email I sent. No response. I also did a transfer for a customer who bought one off gunbrokera 223. The customer asked if I would shoot it for him, which I thought was strange since we both shoot bullet hole targets 25 yards with 22 lr and the best I could get was a 2 to 3 inch group at 50 years. He thought it was just him. Its a bad gun no question. I will have to see something different before I buy a DD. The guns I bought in 09 would hit quarters at 100 yards. The DD was going to be my choice until recently. That's why Im here asking about what to buy. I know what not to buy.
My apologies. I wasn't aware that I was pissing in your Corn Flakes by mentioning DD.
harrishmasher
Silent But Deadly

Post by harrishmasher »

Wilder wrote:What is the price range on these. This is an out of the box gun, and who would have one in stock. Like I said in my original post price is an object.
I bought one 2 weeks ago. My dealer got me for $1,700 for the rifle and $1,000 for the AAC 762-SDN-6 suppressor. In 8 months when I get my stamps back, I will let you know how I like it :cry:

You can find them on GunBroker. Search "AAC MPW". They make them in 12.5" and 16" as well. So for the 16" no 8 month wait.

Actually the place I bought mine is an indoor range where they let me shoot it while I wait for the stamps. I put about 120 rounds through it with various ammo suppressed. Runs perfect and seems quite accurate. AAC invented the 300blk round, so it makes sense they would make some nice rifles. Come with top notch parts standard - Geissllee trigger, Nickel Boron bolt carrier.
Last edited by harrishmasher on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.