what's the most effective muzzle brake/flash hider??

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jonny1775
Silent Operator

what's the most effective muzzle brake/flash hider??

Post by jonny1775 »

what is the most effective muzzle brake/ flash hider for a 9" 300 blackout??
i want to have more control in rapid fire and still hide my flash at night.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: what's the most effective muzzle brake/flash hider??

Post by rebel »

It's neither, but I prefer a Simple Threaded Device. Good flash mitigation, excellent blast mitigation.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
jonny1775
Silent Operator

Post by jonny1775 »

i have an std on it right now. i have used it a couple times and have not been impressed with it. i think i need to do some testing with some other things i already own.
dcrosso

Post by dcrosso »

Try the Griffin Flash/comp. I have two of them. They are pricy ($95), but seem to do a good job. Griffin has some videos showing the effectiveness of their products.
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tom12.7 »

MAMS is the best I have found so far, and I've tried many. Also seems to have less blast/concussion than others.
jonny1775
Silent Operator

Post by jonny1775 »

Tom12.7 wrote:MAMS is the best I have found so far, and I've tried many. Also seems to have less blast/concussion than others.

whats a mams????
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tom12.7 »

MAMS is from Knight's Armament Company. It's not inexpensive, but works very well.
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

....it depends on what your priorities are, flash hiding, recoil reduction or muzzle rise reduction. Each function requires a different configuration of the device. Combination devices entail "compromises" across each function in their pursuit of a specific objectjve. Large side ports will mitigate "recoil" but increase side concussion & perceived sound with little to no flash reduction as it vents to sides instead of forward. Prongs or tines on front of devise disperses gasses to minimize flash. Ports at 12 o'clock position of device mitigates muzzle rise. Some devices use small circular or slotted multiple ports to control recoil, flash, concussive blast & muzzle flip with reduced perceived sound. It comes down to prioritizing the functions you desire then selecting the "best fit" device. Threading on 300Blk barrels also limits choices to devices for .308/7.62 which are typically longer length, unless specifically for 300blk.

The Griffin M4SD series, VG6 Precision GAMMA & SLR Rifleworks BCF Synergy devices have proven to be the most effective on my 300blk builds and all reasonably priced. Suppressed is not legal in my locale so no practical experiences to relate on those muzzle devicez that support cans.
Ron Padilla

Post by Ron Padilla »

jonny1775 has one with an std, I wouldnt announce that in a crowd, of course it might be a crowd pleaser that is how it got the std:)
Rushthezeppelin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Rushthezeppelin »

jonny1775 wrote:what is the most effective muzzle brake/ flash hider for a 9" 300 blackout??
It's called suppressor.../end thread