FMK Polymer Lower is NOT GTG!!!

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

R.Ph. 380
Silent Operator

Re: FMK Polymer Lower is NOT GTG!!!

Post by R.Ph. 380 »

318lll1927 wrote:The Nikon fixed 3x is a great scope for an AR. It has 1/2" adjustments and really shines with the 300 blackout bc with a 300 yard effective range, its perfect for deer sized game. I have mounted it on at least five different ar's and it is a very durable little scope. The nikon mounts give you enuff height to get a magpul flip up rear sight under the scope too if necessary. Believe it or not both the scope are rings are available at Wal mart...thats where I got them.

I sent the lower in this afternoon and got me a trcking number too so I will know the second it arrives.

I remember getting alum lowers on special for $60 shipped less than a year ago....damn things have changed
OH, for the olden days of yesteryear. I actually got 4 Palmetto State Armory Stripped lowers last year for $49.00 each. Man if I still had the other two, I would be sittin' pretty. Sold 1 and gave another to family. See if I do that again. Got some 80% lowers and I will replace most of my serialized lowers with them and sell the serialized lowers. What do you mean Mr. ATF? I sold all those evil black rifles.....................................hehehe

Bill
318lll1927
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 318lll1927 »

FMK took no time getting me another lower out. It came in last wednesday, but I was home visiting and didnt get it from ups til this morning.
Finish is fine. I'm gonna put it together and see it it can handle these...
Thank you FMK for handling situation awesomely. I am hoping this one will hold up :?: ! :?:
DrewF

Post by DrewF »

Least they have a good warranty. I'm going to follow this as well since I own one, but currently lack 300BLK ammo to try it out. Hopefully your replacement holds up.
-DRM-

Post by -DRM- »

Interesting... I Currently have poly lowers from PlumCrazy, NFA, and Omni - and all seem to be holding up fine so far. For it to fail so soon seems like there was a flaw in the mfg. process for that one.
fsdgunsmith

Post by fsdgunsmith »

We're a stocking FMK dealer in Eastern Tennessee and I gotta say, your experience with FMK's customer service is absolutely on par. They have been amazing when it comes to response time, customer service, and honoring their lifetime guarantee.

See, we've shipped the AR-1 Patriot lowers all over the country. Since we sell them for almost $100 less than anyone else, we've obviously sold quite a few (why do so many FFL dealers think they need to retire off of the sale of a lower receiver???)

...Anyway...of the hundreds of FMK products we've sold, we've only had ONE woman have any issue with it.

When she wrote us to say that she needed help, we contacted FMK immediately. They very promptly responded and instructed us to have her send the lower directly to them and that they would ship one to her as soon as they had one in stock.

Since she was an existing customer (and since we buy their lowers by the case), we simply shipped one from our own inventory to the customer and sent her lower to FMK for replacement.

We deal with a LOT of polymer lowers and I gotta say - they are NOT all created equal.

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents on the FMK lowers since you had such a bad experience with the first one.

Hope the replacement works out better for you!

Rachel Young on behalf of
FightingSheepDog.com
RPM509

Post by RPM509 »

Any thoughts on what may have caused, or lead to the failure?
I would assume that any polymer lower capable of handling the
5.56/.223 should be able to handle the 300 Blackout (within reason),
it being a low-pressure round and all. Yea, I know it is significantly
heavier, but it is not as violent to me when firing side-by-side
in similar configurations.
318lll1927
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 318lll1927 »

So far my replacement FMK lower is surviving. I put right at 200 rds of factory 223 and almost 300 125 grain nosler thru it. I have purchased numerous first run products and its not uncommon to recieve a lemon. I'm not done testing this lower by any means, I still gotta get out on some Louisiana backwoods . I don't have all my big boy toys up north.
Last edited by 318lll1927 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fsdgunsmith

Post by fsdgunsmith »

Keep us posted on further testing!
chamrick

Post by chamrick »

We are stocking dealer of FMK, CMT, Spikes, LMT and Daniel Defense (most major brands of lower receivers.) Of the hundreds of FMKs that we have sold, we have not had one returned due to damage. We have seen Mil-spec major brands break, but never the FMKs. This looks like it was operator error over torquing the castle nut. I am glad that FMK responded with such an excellent, quick response. If we can help in any way, let us know. To show how much respect we have for the FMK receiver, send it to us with your parts and will assemble it, no charge, in tradition with FMK's service.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

chamrick wrote:We are stocking dealer of FMK, CMT, Spikes, LMT and Daniel Defense (most major brands of lower receivers.) Of the hundreds of FMKs that we have sold, we have not had one returned due to damage. We have seen Mil-spec major brands break, but never the FMKs. This looks like it was operator error over torquing the castle nut. I am glad that FMK responded with such an excellent, quick response. If we can help in any way, let us know. To show how much respect we have for the FMK receiver, send it to us with your parts and will assemble it, no charge, in tradition with FMK's service.
your a little late to the party.