FMK Polymer Lower is NOT GTG!!!

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Re: FMK Polymer Lower is NOT GTG!!!

Post by tfbit »

It struck my odd that he actually removed his buffer tube to "strip clean" the weapon. Unless you need to replace the buffer retainer pin there's no reason to take the tube off.
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
Rushthezeppelin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Rushthezeppelin »

dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Strontium90 wrote:
otto sear wrote:You have steered me away from ever buying one. :x
I thought it was odd that I never saw a .308 plastic lower. I have bought forged lowers as low as $70 before the panic. :P
it just never seemed like you saved enough $$$.
I just bought Four of them and work quite nice. My question about the broken one is what Torque Value was used to fasten the Receiver Extension Nut to the Receiver Extension Plate. My best guess was way too tight. These receivers have run on .50 Beowolf guns without fail so 5.56 is minimal.
Glad you're happy with your receivers, I am sure that after two years FMK has got their teething problems worked out :roll:

I'd say it is a little bit in bad taste to join the forum, dig up a two year old thread and make five posts in as many minutes telling everyone they are clueless, but I'd hate to start off on the wrong foot :lol:

Welcome to the forum, and by the way, in the upper right corner of the posts, there is a time stamp :mrgreen:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

Rushthezeppelin wrote:Image
wow. no sh!t huh?
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Strontium90

Post by Strontium90 »

Actually these are not my first but when building a rifle for a client who reads this stuff and then thinks he is getting some real junk I have to convince him otherwise. I've used synthetic receivers for years without fail and built a number of custom units going back to the late 70's. My background includes 30+ years of Armorer experience, 300,000 rounds through the same Glock Pistol over a Two year period, and another 50,000 through the same gun after it was repaired. The next Two Glocks I carried had 450,000 rounds through them before I retired from that agency, and the Third I kept the count down and bought it. During that time I was able to shoot out the barrel of one of the Sniper Rifles I carried. My first AR-15 had a Spaghetti Barrel and a 3X Colt Optic on it which would have been a nice collectable. There has been plenty of M-16 time along with the AR-15's. So forgive me for being skeptical about broken equipment when destroyed a few of my own and do know the difference. As for being a dealer it is difficult to deal with this kind of information knowing that I've never had one fail on me, yet. I will qualify that with a "yet' as I've blown up M-1 Carbines, BM-62 .308 rifles which was a sad day, AR-15's, and even one HK P7 Squeeze Cocker that died. The complaints causing condemnation are frequent and well supported for things like this. It is rare someone comes back and qualifies that something does work after condemning it. It is hard to convince a client who is a part of the S.W.A.T. community that this thing will work when he reminds me of comments like "steered me away from it" when in fact I have a working product.
WIshooter13

Post by WIshooter13 »

If you want poly. Go with TN Arms lowers. Lifetime warranty, brass inserts for buffer and grip. Custom engraving available.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

Strontium90 wrote:My background includes 30+ years of Armorer experience, 300,000 rounds through the same Glock Pistol over a Two year period, and another 50,000 through the same gun after it was repaired.
you fired an average of 410 rounds per day, every day, for two years straight? o.0

holy crap! :shock: :shock: :shock:
The next Two Glocks I carried had 450,000 rounds through them before I retired from that agency
450k each? or split between the two - ie: 225k each?

that aside... we're talking 800k round of handgun ammo assuming thats the combined total for all 3 glocks in question... even spread over a 30 year career thats a little over 26k a year average. or a box and a half a day average round count for every day of that 30 years....

thats not passing the smell test....

Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Strontium90

Post by Strontium90 »

Yeah, I figured as much from you and I will tell you why. You have not done it so you don't think it could be done. Doesn't matter to me. I did that on an 800 man agency shooting a minimum of 1,000+ rounds a day Three days a week. During the other Two it was teaching S.W.A.T. or other departmental firearms at the Academy where ammunition was always available and more shooting. It was not hard to spend a few hours teaching the S.W.A.T. Team and chew up a case before noon. You can keep your smell test as there are numerous as in hundreds of people who were there and it is documented. I was the Senior Sniper on the team for Seven years training with my rifle a minimum of every month once with other local units and then with my own team so you are looking at almost 200 rounds a month on the rifle minimum at distances from 50 to 1,000 meters as the longer ranges were available. When the first Glock failed a report was compiled listing the ammunition count over the previous Two years and the frame with the document went to Glock. I got a new Frame with the same serial number in return. And before you say that is impossible to get the same serial number it is documented as well. This is why I avoid these forums because too many people like you know of the discipline but not about it and because you have not or can not do something you think nobody else can. I have a daughter who plays with Blackhawk Helicopters in the Army, shoots Expert, and Three bases later is still undefeated in hand to hand combat. Now I'm sure that will light up your meter so add the fact that she does 90 pushups in Two minutes, runs Three miles under 18 minutes, trained to shoot by the Sniper Team, and been a Martial Arts practitioner since age Five. Son in Air Force same thing but he is a Sergeant.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

I'm just a cook ;)
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Nice resume'. When I joined I just said " Hi, I'm rebel, I like to shoot." :lol:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.