Daniel Defense kind of screwed me

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

adrock1978

Re: Daniel Defense kind of screwed me

Post by adrock1978 »

I would Stick, if I thought it would get me anywhere. They've credited my account and I already purchased a Core 15 barrel. I mean, am I to assume if I tried to go higher up and voice my frustration and lack of trust in the company, that a barrel would somehow materialize?
"You don't know the power of the Dark Side"

www.facebook.com/adampaladini
Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jim Timber »

The only way I can see them not having the barrels is if they literally sold out of all of their last batch, and aren't scheduled to run more for some time. Dedicating machinery to the 300blk might not be a priority these days, so while it only takes a minute or so to hammer out a barrel, they could have stopped running them all together.

I've never run a cold hammer forge, so I have no idea what it takes to set one up for a new mandrel and profile.
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

adrock1978 wrote:I would Stick, if I thought it would get me anywhere. They've credited my account and I already purchased a Core 15 barrel. I mean, am I to assume if I tried to go higher up and voice my frustration and lack of trust in the company, that a barrel would somehow materialize?
I would contact Jay Duncan who is the VP, and nicely lay everything out. The issue isn't that your account was issued a credit, the issue is what happened in your dealings with them.

Aside from being a cop, I do photography work in the weapon community an additional 40-50+ hours a week. If I relayed mistaken info to a client, or if they spoke with someone else and information came back that was wrong, I would CERTAINLY want to know about it. I would also want to try to make things right. Mistakes happen, the larger issue becomes how a company deals with the issues when they arise. A larger company like DD might not be able to make everyone happy, but without your information coming to light at the right channels, they won't be able to grow and learn from it.

Just my take. I would also point out you should know ahead of time if you still want a barrel, or if you just want to vent. It isn't realistic for Mr Duncan if he asks how he can help you and you say "I don't know".

Good luck with it, and let me know how it goes.
Last edited by Stickman on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
adrock1978

Post by adrock1978 »

Ya know what? You're right. Because otherwise I don't care to deal with DD again and that's my loss, because they make great stuff.

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

adrock1978 wrote:Ya know what? You're right. Because otherwise I don't care to deal with DD again and that's my loss, because they make great stuff.

Your post wasn't like a crying 7 year old because you bought something that might have a tiny scratch or dent. Your post was well laid out and presented, and it is the sort of thing that a company should understand detracts from their customer base and customer experiences.

Your post was NOT the typical internet blackmail thread, which seems to be very popular.

A legit issue is a legit issue, and yours is.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

WilsonCombatRep
Silent Operator

Post by WilsonCombatRep »

Unfortunately this kind of thing is happening a lot right now. Most computer inventory systems rely heavily on the "human factor" and often things that appear to be "in stock" may not be especially at night or on the weekend.

There are multiple ways this can happen with most very good inventory control softwares.

"In Stock" sometimes isn't.
Wilson Combat Customer Support
www.wilsoncombat.com
adrock1978

Post by adrock1978 »

So does the unfortunate aspect of it always have to come at the customer's expense? DD makes a phone call weeks after they fail to honor a commitment and the customer should be left holding the bag because "it happens"?

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

WilsonCombatRep wrote:Unfortunately this kind of thing is happening a lot right now. Most computer inventory systems rely heavily on the "human factor" and often things that appear to be "in stock" may not be especially at night or on the weekend.

There are multiple ways this can happen with most very good inventory control softwares.

"In Stock" sometimes isn't.

Agreed, everyone makes mistakes, we are all human. How a company handles that mistake is the larger question.
Stick

Unobtanium
Silent But Deadly

Post by Unobtanium »

adrock1978 wrote:So does the unfortunate aspect of it always have to come at the customer's expense? DD makes a phone call weeks after they fail to honor a commitment and the customer should be left holding the bag because "it happens"?
Sometimes stuff just happens, but I think that if OP climbs the ladder at DD politely and calmly, even if DD cannot "make it all okay", they can apologize with more than just words, and the OP will be happy with the resolution, as much as is humanly possible. I have just now (last few weeks) began dealing with DD, but I feel like they are that kind of company.
Dweezil
Silent Operator

Post by Dweezil »

To the OP: I understand you've purchased the Core 15 barrel instead. Any impressions so far?
"I'm from the government...I'm here to help."