DD review

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tater

Re: DD review

Post by tater »

It's a freaking AR15. It needs cleaning to function properly. The 300 is no more "dirty" than any other round. If you want dirty run some Wolf 5.56 through one. Smells like crap too. I sometime think it is no more than a pissing contest by those that did not come up with a Sub, and Super round that functions. My 2 cents worth.
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

I also get tired of reviews that call a receiver "mil-spec" when it isn't. No way a semi-auto receiver is "mil-spec". I don't believe "an enhanced, flared magazine well" is part of mil-spec either. Oh, here's another thing that bugs me: Writers calling a semi-auto trigger group "mil-spec".

This is in the Guns & Ammo article:

"The DDM4 lower receiver is mil-spec with an enhanced, flared magazine well. Besides this mag well and the Magpul trigger guard, this lower is very straightforward."

There, I've got it off my chest. Now back to your regularly scheduled program of good 300 BLK info.
tater

Post by tater »

Whole Bunches wrote:I also get tired of reviews that call a receiver "mil-spec" when it isn't. No way a semi-auto receiver is "mil-spec". I don't believe "an enhanced, flared magazine well" is part of mil-spec either. Oh, here's another thing that bugs me: Writers calling a semi-auto trigger group "mil-spec".

This is in the Guns & Ammo article:

"The DDM4 lower receiver is mil-spec with an enhanced, flared magazine well. Besides this mag well and the Magpul trigger guard, this lower is very straightforward."

There, I've got it off my chest. Now back to your regularly scheduled program of good 300 BLK info.
Last time I looked a "mil-spec" has full auto, or burst capabilities. I think most of these so called writers are BS artist.
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

this must drive those 6.8 guys crazy!