Gday folks, new Aussie here, be gentle!!!

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Aussie D

Gday folks, new Aussie here, be gentle!!!

Post by Aussie D »

Gday,
New to the forum, so go easy on me fellas.

I am in Australia (no semi autos here for general use), and in the planning stages of a Remington 7615 Pump Action 300 Blackout build.

Here to learn what I can and contribute where appropriate.

Cheers,

Aussie D
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Gday folks, new Aussie here, be gentle!!!

Post by Desert scrub »

Aussie D wrote:Gday,

I am in Australia (no semi autos here for general use), and in the planning stages of a Remington 7615 Pump Action 300 Blackout build.

Cheers,

Aussie D
Welcome to the 300BLK. Hopefully your Remington will be a quick acquisition and you'll be out on the range with it soon smiling ear to ear.
What is the Ammo situation like down there for 300BLK?
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

From: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =325482524
For sale is a: Remington 7615 Tactical. This one has been turned into a 300 Blackout. We did this by using an AAC Micro 7 threaded barrel (5/8x24). In order for this to work we had to headspace and maching part of the barrel in order to fit the 7615 barrel extension. The gun was also completely re-finished in a black moly-resin. The top rail is made by EGW. This gun is brand new and will be sold as so, but has been test fired to ensure it functions correclty....This is a completely one off build. This rifle will turn heads at any range. This is must buy for any collector or shooter!
Hi there. The sale on the rifle above has ended, though they put some interesting information in the description about how they built the gun. This info may help direct you on how to go about your build.

From reading the description on the Remington AAC 300 blk barrel, it seems that the barrel that works for a the Micro 7 would have no problem working on the Remington 700, meaning you would not be forced to get a barrel off of a Micro 7. Barrel Description: http://advanced-armament.com/Rem-700M-7 ... p_464.html

Now it seems you would just need to get your hands on the Remington (700/7) 300 blk barrel and according to the quote above, try to figure out how to machine/make the barrel work with the 7615 barrel extension (then headspace it correctly with a gauge), and then Bob's your uncle ;)

I wish you the best and may this information lead you down path that gets you to your destination :)
Aussie D

Post by Aussie D »

Desert scrub wrote:
Aussie D wrote:Gday,

Cheers,

Aussie D
Welcome to the 300BLK. Hopefully your Remington will be a quick acquisition and you'll be out on the range with it soon smiling ear to ear.
What is the Ammo situation like down there for 300BLK?
Gday Desert Scrub,
Things are coming along nicely. The barrel, will be a 1:8 18.5 inch SS one. There is no scope to run this suppressed in Australia, but I figure, if I run the barrel a bit longer, hot gassses, may reduce a bit in volume and speed, and thus a lower bang. The feral pigs, which will be the targeted game, wont have the "Crack" so I may be able to get amongst them for longer, and the speed of the pump action will increase my tally.

Ammo, there is some around, mainly the Remington stuff that I have seen, but I will in the main "roll my own".

I notice the neat aluminuim bracket/jig for a cut off saw, which is very cool I found on this site. I want!!

I also found this (well a mate found it for me):

Nikon scope," P-300 BLK 2-7x32 BDC SuperSub

Extreme Speed and Accuracy for AR Rifles

Unleash the maximum potential of the 300 AAC Blackout cartridge with the all-new P-300 BLK riflescope. Featuring the new BDC SuperSub Reticle, the P-300 BLK is fully optimized for use with supersonic and subsonic ammunition – making it a must-have for the next hunt.
"

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/Niko ... erSub.html

Definitely be wanting to find one of these bad boys!

Cheers,

Aussie D
Aussie D

Post by Aussie D »

tallburnedmidget wrote:From: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =325482524
For sale is a: Remington 7615 Tactical. This one has been turned into a 300 Blackout. We did this by using an AAC Micro 7 threaded barrel (5/8x24). In order for this to work we had to headspace and maching part of the barrel in order to fit the 7615 barrel extension. The gun was also completely re-finished in a black moly-resin. The top rail is made by EGW. This gun is brand new and will be sold as so, but has been test fired to ensure it functions correclty....This is a completely one off build. This rifle will turn heads at any range. This is must buy for any collector or shooter!
Hi there. The sale on the rifle above has ended, though they put some interesting information in the description about how they built the gun. This info may help direct you on how to go about your build.

From reading the description on the Remington AAC 300 blk barrel, it seems that the barrel that works for a the Micro 7 would have no problem working on the Remington 700, meaning you would not be forced to get a barrel off of a Micro 7. Barrel Description: http://advanced-armament.com/Rem-700M-7 ... p_464.html

Now it seems you would just need to get your hands on the Remington (700/7) 300 blk barrel and according to the quote above, try to figure out how to machine/make the barrel work with the 7615 barrel extension (then headspace it correctly with a gauge), and then Bob's your uncle ;)

I wish you the best and may this information lead you down path that gets you to your destination :)
Gday tallburnedmidget,
Thanks for the info indeed.

There are a few running around in Australia now, and getting more popular by the day.

Cheers,

Accurate Calibre
WhoWon
Senior Silent Operator

Post by WhoWon »

Aussie,
Where are you in OZ? I lived there from '07-'09. Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Gold Coast. Mostly VIC, QLD. Loved it. Sorry the gov took all of the guns! Go The Pies!
Aussie D

Post by Aussie D »

WhoWon wrote:Aussie,
Where are you in OZ? I lived there from '07-'09. Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Gold Coast. Mostly VIC, QLD. Loved it. Sorry the gov took all of the guns! Go The Pies!
Geesh, I find a Collingwood supporter here?
I thought we could be friends.....LOL!

Queensland, North.

Cheers,

Aussie D
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Aussie D wrote:

Queensland, North.

Cheers,

Aussie D
Ha! I think I saw the footy match where Hawthorn beat Collingwood at the MCG in 2008. Then like some idiots we took a trip to Tasmania the weekend of the championship game. You know, when town was extra packed will all of those beautiful women :(

Man that makes me think about what I wouldn't give for a case of James Squire Amber Ale!!! I imagine you probably are more of a XXXX guy though.

Good luck with the rifle build. Keep us informed on how it turns out :)
Aussie D

Post by Aussie D »

tallburnedmidget wrote:
Aussie D wrote:

Queensland, North.

Cheers,

Aussie D
Ha! I think I saw the footy match where Hawthorn beat Collingwood at the MCG in 2008. Then like some idiots we took a trip to Tasmania the weekend of the championship game. You know, when town was extra packed will all of those beautiful women :(

Man that makes me think about what I wouldn't give for a case of James Squire Amber Ale!!! I imagine you probably are more of a XXXX guy though.

Good luck with the rifle build. Keep us informed on how it turns out :)
Dont mind a drop of James squire, but dont mind a XXXX either!!

Build has taken a back seat for a while, but not off the radar!

Cheers,

Aussie D
LebbenB

Post by LebbenB »

Welcome to the site. Spent some time in Australia myself. Great folks, you lot. Could never get a taste for vegemite, though. As for footie, I've been a longtime Cats fan. Fortunately I get Fox Soccer Channel Plus, so I get my footie and rugby fix handled.

When you get your rifle done, I'd like to see pics of it.
If I couldn't be me, I'd want to be Raylan Givens.