300 blk muzzle brake

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

imyomama
Silent But Deadly

300 blk muzzle brake

Post by imyomama »

ok, so i'm looking to put a muzzle brake on my 16" ar carbine in 300 blk.

here are the things i'm looking for:

1. light weight
2. non crush washer / index ( I plan on taking it on and off ...)
3. relatively cheap.. don't want to spend $200 like some out there...
4. low flash ( i might use my NV on this setup)
5. low recoil for follow up shots ... (mainly hog hunting at night..... )

I'm looking for suggestions!

I have not quite decided if this one will shoot subs or supers mostly... thinking subs at the moment!

thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
ReconMoen

Re: 300 blk muzzle brake

Post by ReconMoen »

I would recommend looking into aresarmor.com the effin-a-compensator because it is controlled by set screws and totally customizable to your liking and relatively cheap $100. I have seen it online and its amazing reduces a lot of muzzle jump.
tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

Generally speaking, a muzzle brake will have to be indexed so that gas is directed upwards.
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
HeyTrap

Post by HeyTrap »

The cheapest I could find was the Troy Claymore while doing my build. It cost 60 at my local shop. I would say it is set more like muzzle brake than flasher hider. It might be little heavy.I would say that my gun has little to no recoil.
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

if it needs indexing , i'll have to get the brake turned to index without a washer .. it needs to be able to be taken on and off on regular basis !

I did look at the troy claymore ... just not sure how well it works on 300 blk !
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
45r
Silent But Deadly

Post by 45r »

The AAC 51t FH works well and you could sell it easy if you want to go another way later on.Doesn't need washers or spacers.16 inch 300 BLK really doesn't need a MB.
threepdr

Post by threepdr »

I was struggling with the same issue for my 16 inch BLK out that I built for hunting. I decided a thread protector is all that I need. No extra weight or length and only about $11. Never noticed the FH missing from my bolt action hunting rifles.

Now, it the deer or hogs ever start to return fire, I may reconsider! :lol:

Mark in Alabama
Mark in Alabama

Visit my history and archaeology blog at: http://erasgone.blogspot.com/

My historical novel The Secret of Wattensaw Bayou is availible at Amazon and other book sellers
er er san

Post by er er san »

I saw a recommendation for this piece, I got it in the mail last week, but have not had a chance to try the 300 Blackout at the range yet.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/KIES_Bl ... mstr30.htm
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

HeyTrap wrote:The cheapest I could find was the Troy Claymore while doing my build. It cost 60 at my local shop. I would say it is set more like muzzle brake than flasher hider. It might be little heavy.I would say that my gun has little to no recoil.
well, this is what I decided to go with .. ordered one today from Larue!

we'll see how it does !

thank you!
RAPR
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAPR »

If you are looking for a flash hider/compensator that is relatively cheap and works great, take a look into the Primary Weapons Systems FSC30. I assume this product works great, because I own the smaller variation FCS556, and it is worth the $100. Since it is a compensator, it HAS to be indexed, but instead of using crush washers, it comes with shims. I use the FCS556 on a weapon that I often deploy a suppressor, so I keep it hand tight. When I take it off, I just keep the shims in a bag along with the compensator.

There is a video floating around on the internet that I watch, where very detailed comparisons were done between flash hiders, compensators, and combinations (like this). Out of the 20 or more products, this was in the top 3 as a flash hider and top 3 as a compensator....nice to get that all in 1 package.

The only reason why I didn't buy one for my 300BLK is because my rifle setup produces very little recoil. Plus, I'm waiting and praying for Silencerco to come out with a can for the 7.62, where I can use their Trifecta mount w/ their suppressor.