Confiscation Attempt begins in Ill-Annoy

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Confiscation Attempt begins in Ill-Annoy

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

Let's not kid ourselves, the time to choose a side is NOW. Several states have been violating constitutional rights for a LONG, LONG TIME.

And just today, ILL-Annoy is plotting confiscation - AFTER losing McDonald, AFTER being slapped down on a ban of ranges within city limits while requiring range time to get a permit to have a handgun in your HOME, AFTER having their absolute ban on issuing CCW was struck down by the highest Federal court.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/01/illi...#axzz2GvFsgQR1
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
FarmerTed1971
Silent But Deadly

Re: Confiscation Attempt begins in Ill-Annoy

Post by FarmerTed1971 »

Link hanging for me...
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Illinois --(Ammoland.com)- The ISRA has learned from a credible source that Illinois Senate President John Cullerton will introduce a so called “assault weapons” ban on Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, when the legislature returns for its “lame duck” session.

Cullerton hopes to ramrod the bill through and get it to Governor Quinn for signature by Friday. If he is successful at doing so, nearly every gun you currently own will be banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.

Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called “assault weapons” but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols.

There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO SAVE YOUR GUNS.

1. Beginning Wednesday, call your State Senator and politely tell him or her that you are a law abiding firearm owner and that you strongly oppose Cullerton’s gun ban. Also, be sure to call your State Representative as well and politely deliver the same message. If you do not know who your State Representative please call the Illinois State Board of Elections at 217-782-4141.

2. Forward this alert to all your gun owning friends and family members. Be sure to tell them to call their senators and representatives as well.

3. Post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards and blogs to which you belong.

4. Join or renew your membership in the ISRA. Encourage your friends and family to join as well.

5. Make a generous donation to the ISRA by clicking the link below. We are in desperate need of your financial support to help beat back the onslaught of gun grab bills coming our way in 2013

ETA:

http://www.ilga.gov/senate/SenatorBills ... 1209&GA=95
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

tba02
Senior Silent Operator

Post by tba02 »

http://illinoiscarry.com/

It didn't make the fast track cut today. But they aren't done, you can be assured of that.

Lookup IL HB 1263 and HB 815 for a glimpse of what they want as the future.
HB1263
http://ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.as ... 1&Session=

HB815
http://ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.as ... 1&Session=

Both have the desired amendments starting at -7-.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Thanks for the update.

coolbreeze

Post by coolbreeze »

Ok folks, I haven't been here in a while, been busy. BUT that crap they tried to pull here today (In Illinois) was UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE..!
It was actually "postponed" for further review at a later date. They didn't give a date I don't believe.
NO more semi automatic pistols, shotguns, or rifles. Or pump action shotguns. No pistols with removable magazines, nothing that has the capacity to accept a muzzle brake or compensator would be legal.
No thumb-hole stocks, no pistol grips, no for-ends, or anything that surrounds a barrel.
All .50 cal would be banned entirely.
They had also made provisions to severely restrict the gun ranges and impose several B.S. fees and fines on them as well
This is just the tip of the iceberg of what House Bills 815, and 1263 actually contained.
It was postponed, and thanks go out to:
Senator Dave Severson
Senator Shane Cultra
Senator Christine Johnson
Senator Carole Panku

Now because the "demand a plan" celebrity commercial was completely hypocritical, all the actors who constantly shoot the hell out of things in movies are now backing gun control by "demanding a plan" I give them all my face squat fart in their eye salute...

How about "demand a plan" for better mental health services that would figure out if a guy is going to actually pull some shit like that to begin with..!
robrob
Silent But Deadly

Post by robrob »

Did you see the story about how Illinois's second largest city, Aurora, had zero murders last year while Chicago had 535. Seems like those very strict Chicago gun laws are really helping. :vomit:
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

coolbreeze wrote:Ok folks, I haven't been here in a while, been busy. BUT that crap they tried to pull here today (In Illinois) was UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE..!
It was actually "postponed" for further review at a later date. They didn't give a date I don't believe.
NO more semi automatic pistols, shotguns, or rifles. Or pump action shotguns. No pistols with removable magazines, nothing that has the capacity to accept a muzzle brake or compensator would be legal.
No thumb-hole stocks, no pistol grips, no for-ends, or anything that surrounds a barrel.
All .50 cal would be banned entirely.
They had also made provisions to severely restrict the gun ranges and impose several B.S. fees and fines on them as well
This is just the tip of the iceberg of what House Bills 815, and 1263 actually contained.
It was postponed, and thanks go out to:
Senator Dave Severson
Senator Shane Cultra
Senator Christine Johnson
Senator Carole Panku

Now because the "demand a plan" celebrity commercial was completely hypocritical, all the actors who constantly shoot the hell out of things in movies are now backing gun control by "demanding a plan" I give them all my face squat fart in their eye salute...

How about "demand a plan" for better mental health services that would figure out if a guy is going to actually pull some shit like that to begin with..!
Time for IL gun owners to say "enough" and march on the capitol, raise holy hell and call out these clowns for subverting the recent string of Supreme Court decisions, the Bill of Rights and basic human rights. 500 bodies hit the pavement in Shit-cago in 2012, W-T-F does it take for people to face the facts right in front of their face.

Demand a Plan has a nice ring to it.

They tried their way for decades; time for a new plan.

coolbreeze

Post by coolbreeze »

[/quote]Time for IL gun owners to say "enough" and march on the capitol, raise holy hell and call out these clowns for subverting the recent string of Supreme Court decisions, the Bill of Rights and basic human rights. 500 bodies hit the pavement in Shit-cago in 2012, W-T-F does it take for people to face the facts right in front of their face.

Demand a Plan has a nice ring to it.

They tried their way for decades; time for a new plan.[/quote]

Very well put Maryland_Shooter... and after today's fiasco, I'd be happy to go, even on my own, if I could find the date they're going to "review" these bills I think I will..!