Gun show ridiculousness

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Wfuavenger

Gun show ridiculousness

Post by Wfuavenger »

I try to go to the Winston Salem, nc gun show every time it rolls around. Let me preface this whole thing with; there are usually 100 cars at any given time in the parking lot. You walk right up, pay and walk right in. There is never a crowd of any size.

I got up and got over there around 9am when they open and the cars were lined up 2 miles down the road! I worked my way into the overflow lot after sitting in traffic for 20 minutes (because the main lot was full) and the overflow was almost full too! The line was 1 hour 20 minutes to even pay. The wind is blowing 30 mph and it is 32 degrees outside and people are snaked through the parking lot.

A dealer was walking through the parking lot while I was promptly leaving and I asked him what he was selling and he responded "a few S&W AR's and a few colts, just the basic versions with no bells or whistles." I asked him how much and he replied "$2,500 minimum, but when I get in there and see what people are doing it might go up."

The sad thing is that some idiot will buy it.... People are panicking. This is crazy. It's all on speculation and fear. I hope all Biden is going to do is copy and paste his original AWB. He has less than a month to come up with one, and he created the original so..... Ctrl + c, ctrl + v

I have to say, Obama is the best salesman of ammo and guns in the history of their creation!
300Blk
Site Admin

Re: Gun show ridiculousness

Post by 300Blk »

Wfuavenger wrote:The sad thing is that some idiot will buy it.... People are panicking. This is crazy. It's all on speculation and fear. I hope all Biden is going to do is copy and paste his original AWB.
It may be his last chance to get one. The degree to which people should panic buy should depend on what they already own and how ok they are with never owning more. The high prices are actually good as they prevent hoarding. If I could buy a 6920 for $1000 like I could last year, I would buy a lot of them (not even to sell - just to have for me and my kids) - and I don't really need them - so the $2500 price at the gun show keeps me from buying it, and saves it for that guy who has none and really needs one.

Biden will not cut and paste - they are going to specifically work to ban all ARs and all AKs and all shotguns that hold more than 5 rounds and all everything that is at all fun and interesting - regardless of if they had a fixed stock or muzzle brake.

I feel a lot of anxiety over this.

That being said - I don't think the ban will happen to ARs - but if I did not have a few, I would have no choice but to panic buy.
bigskydoc

Post by bigskydoc »

Have no doubt, AWB II will be significantly more than CTRL-C, CTRL-V. AWB I was the rough draft and I am certain that there have been multiple draft revisions in the 8 years since it expired. They have been preparing and massaging this document while waiting for the right moment to make it public. The next month is no more than completing the final draft for submission, and shopping it around under the radar to garner as much public support from leading politicians as possible on the day that it is made public.

- bsd
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

This is what they had in the 2007 bill:
`(L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'.
ramrod

Post by ramrod »

I hope the next ban applies to everyone this time, see how the cops like it. Maybe they can set an example!

(sorry coppers)
Notar
Silent But Deadly

Post by Notar »

The main Propaganda line being pushed by the administration and the main stream public is Hunting weapons need not fear, just non sporting rifles.

LEO's in all capacities that use AR's are well armed, and they need the right tools to face the bad guys. Non-LEOs face the same bad guys, and in most cases, they are the ones dealing with the threat until someone can dial 911 and the brave LEO's(who run toward danger) make it to the scene.

AR's are good self defense tools for everyone, we just have to get that message out, as of now, Joe public doesn't understand that, and the main stream media if very effective at forming opinions after tragic events that are not favorable to our position.

Guys panicking today, $2500, we will see in the future if they made a good or bad choice, I'm just glad I'm not buying anything in the current panic. In the future I hope to buy many items on the cheap when this dark rouge wave passes.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Piers Morgan on CNN said "This is not going to infringe on the 2nd Amendment and is not about taking your guns - only assault weapons."

He is out of his mind to say that the #1 most popular rifle today - banning it - is not taking your guns. It would be like banning mountain bikes - the most popular kind of bike - or SUVs.
FirefighterCT
Silent But Deadly

Post by FirefighterCT »

I don't mean to seem like an alarmist, this has just been on my mind. Do any of you see even a REMOTE possibility of them trying to pass something that does NOT grandfather existing weapons, magazines, etc?

I know the idea may seem far fetched, but the attempt was made here in CT not long ago. If that bill had passed it would have "required" high capacity magazines to be surrendered.

Want to push the tipping point towards a revolution, try taking guns/mags/ammo :shock:
Last edited by FirefighterCT on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armed Civilian

Post by Armed Civilian »

The concept that banning the more effective guns is not infringing on our rights is a ridiculous position.

As is calling for a ban on "assault weapons" because of a weapon used in a massacre purchased in state where an assault weapons ban was already in force. Apparently all that was needed to stop the killing was a double assault weapon ban and an armed policeman at the scene when the shooting started would be a very bad idea.
Armed Civilian

Post by Armed Civilian »

The concept that banning the more effective guns is not infringing on our rights is a ridiculous position.

As is calling for a ban on "assault weapons" because of a weapon used in a massacre purchased in state where an assault weapons ban was already in force.

Their 'logic' is amazingly weak. Apparently all that was needed to stop the killing was a double assault weapon ban and an armed policeman at the scene when the shooting started would be a very bad idea.