Gun show ridiculousness

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Re: Gun show ridiculousness

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

Wfuavenger wrote:There will be no buy back as previous people have posted that it would put the country farther into debt.

If they ban the AR, think of how many jobs would be lost?!?! All of the AR manufacturers will be shut down, people at places that create supporting accessories, like magpul, would be shut down. We would be talking about at least 800,000 people losing their jobs.

On top of that, look at the economic benefits of gun sales.... It would affect the country GDP along with the economy.

If you say "well, the government and military will still buy them." Great. The plants that have existing military contracts will partially survive and wont completely shut down, we only lose 500,000 jobs. And we still lose on the economic side.

A full ban will never happen with the unemployment rate and jobs still an issue. The biggest issue is that they are not taking their time on this. One month to present a full scale bill is ridiculous! how many laws get passed in our government in 1 month?!?! It could be a good thing or it could be bad that they are rushing. They might forget something or leave a loop hole. This is a knee jerk, emotional response to all of the tragedy. When that happens, people over react (like we have seen) and do excessive things (like we have seen).

We all need to call our representatives and senators and explain why an AWB is bad.

That this is an emotional response that is blown out of proportion
That there will be substantial loss of jobs
That the economy will be hurt by an AWB
That law abiding citizens are not the ones who create mass shootings
There needs to be mental health reform in gun purchases (go to a psych. And get a document saying you are fit to buy guns)
That you have to have a gun law and safety class certificate proving you passed and are safe to operate and own a gun (something like a conceived carry course)
In MD, there is a mental health waiver you sign so they can check if you were ever adjudicated mentally ill.

As far as producing documentation, I possess a right, so the burden is on the state to prove me unfit to exercise that right.

So when they start offering training, certificates of mental health to exercise all the other Bill of Rights, like right of assembly and freedom to speak, let me know.
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
WasDustyJacket
Senior Silent Operator

Post by WasDustyJacket »

Maryland_Shooter wrote:
300Blk wrote:I don't expect Feinstein's bill to include a buy back.
Well that's what she's floating

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sen.-fein ... le/2516648
"buy back" ?
More like highway robbery:

"But if Congress balks at banning certain weapons entirely, it could make gun owners an offer they can’t refuse. Instead of $200 a gun, Uncle Sam might offer $500"

Let's see: 80 million times $500 = 40 billion dollars, and they would still be stealing 1/2 to 2/3 of the value......
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Since the guns will have zero resale value, it is hard to say that $500 is 1/2 the value.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I guess I no longer support Lieberman.

Sen. Joe Lieberman of Connecticut said he found the NRA's statements in recent days disheartening because they deal with every possible cause of gun violence, except guns. He said the NRA's position means that any new regulations that the administration wants to put into place early next year "is not going to happen easily."

It turns out that the anti gunner hopes of these new laws was based on assuming Republicans would go along with them. That does not appear to be happening. So looks like no new Federal laws.
trenttyre
Silent But Deadly

Post by trenttyre »

300Blk wrote:I guess I no longer support Lieberman.
How could you in the first place? He was the guy that tried to have all violent video games banned when he was running for the democrat nomination in 2000.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

300Blk wrote:Since the guns will have zero resale value, it is hard to say that $500 is 1/2 the value.
Since it's the last tool against tyranny, I'd say it's priceless. They wanna take mine, it will cost them more than they could possibly imagine.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

300Blk wrote:I guess I no longer support Lieberman.

Sen. Joe Lieberman of Connecticut said he found the NRA's statements in recent days disheartening because they deal with every possible cause of gun violence, except guns. He said the NRA's position means that any new regulations that the administration wants to put into place early next year "is not going to happen easily."

It turns out that the anti gunner hopes of these new laws was based on assuming Republicans would go along with them. That does not appear to be happening. So looks like no new Federal laws.
Which is what I said at the outset of this nonsense.

300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Sen. Bye and Rep. Godfrey‘s proposals—which will be packaged as one bill—will seek to:

Prohibit the sale and possession of any rifle, shotgun or pistol magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds;
Expand the definition of an ‘assault weapon’ under current Connecticut state law to apply to firearms which exhibit just one particular physical trait, as opposed to two (i.e., the presence of a pistol grip beneath the action of the weapon);
Require the registration with state law enforcement officials—and the biennial registration renewal—of all firearms by model and serial number;
Institute a 50-percent sales tax on the sale of ammunition and firearms magazines;
Require a permit to purchase ammunition;
Prohibit the online purchase of ammunition;
Prohibit the purchase of ammunition in Connecticut by anyone who is not legally authorized to possess a firearm in Connecticut;
Prohibit the storage of firearms and ammunition in a manner that allows access by persons under age 18.
The only one that even makes ANY sense and even that depends!

The rest of it may fly in CT, but the madness will not spread to a national level, and of course none it it will have any impact at all.

Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

300Blk wrote:
Maryland_Shooter wrote:Like I always say:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
So if a law is passed to make your guns illegal, and you are asked to turn them in - you will refuse. And if the police come and knock on your door, you will kill the officers?

I know I won't.

so what will you do go to slaughter with the rest of the sheeple
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns