Problems with wifes new D.D 300

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BillR

Problems with wifes new D.D 300

Post by BillR »

The wife wanted a AR for Christmas. I bought her a Daniel Defense M4V5 300AAC Blackout and gave it to her early. We took it out to shoot today and had a 2 malfunctions within 60 rounds. The first malfunction was a stove pipe. Which at first was thought to be from a squib round but, 20 rounds later there was another problem. The gun jammed feeding a round. Both malfunctions happened when we were shooting 5 to 6 rounds continually. I am not sure if this a ramp, gas, or magazine issue??? There is major dents and scratches on the 2 casings I took out of the jammed gun. I looked at all the other casings and they have flat spot on the opening of the casing. We shot 2 different kinds of PNW Arms ammo....300BLK RANGE 147GR FMJ BT and 300BLK MATCH 155GR HPBT. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Got pics but for some reason it won't let me post them......
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Re: Problems with wifes new D.D 300

Post by rjacobs »

flat spots on the case mouths are normal, its the case mouth hitting the brass deflector. Been covered 100's of times.

As far as your two jams, sounds like under gassing and instead of the bolt going far enough to the rear and catching the base of the new round on its way forward its dragging it out of the magazine by the sides of the casing and then as the round rides up the feed ramps the bolt then jams the shit out of it. My 10.5" 5.56 AR does this some times with some of my reloads and I know that the problem is not enough gas.

Also how wet are you running the gun? I would run some 115g Remington through it(200 rounds or so) with the gun pretty wet with oil to break everything in.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
BillR

Post by BillR »

As of right now this is the only ammo I could get my hands on. After my first jam I had to remove the bullet and I cleaned it and ran it wet eventually had another jam if Im not getting enough gas now whats gonna happen when I run a supressor with subsonic ammo ? Is there any adjustments I can make really dont like the idea of having to send it back.
mech5700
Silent But Deadly

Post by mech5700 »

Keep running it dripping wet for a few hundred rounds... I noticed that helps a lot with new AR's.
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

BillR wrote:if Im not getting enough gas now whats gonna happen when I run a supressor with subsonic ammo ?
Suppressors basically put MORE gas into the gas port/tube and less out the muzzle end so you would theoretically have LESS issues when running a can.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
45r
Silent But Deadly

Post by 45r »

try some mobil 1.Like what the others said,run it wet for a while.
heff31

Post by heff31 »

Was it from the same magazine? If so, try a different one and see if you get the same result.
Wo0dzm3n
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wo0dzm3n »

I'd also try a diff mag, and ammo.
Lions must not concern themselfs with the thoughts of lambs