Under gassed!?!?!?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Trevorvien71

Under gassed!?!?!?

Post by Trevorvien71 »

Ok here is the setup: AAC 12.5 upper with brakeout mount and AAC 762SD N6. Lower has standard buffer spring and H2 buffer as recommended by AAC.
Ammo used is factory 115 Remington super and 220 sub

115 super with suppressor the gun runs great, unsuppressed it will run but not lock back on last round
220 subs short strokes like crazy with suppressor. Did not bother trying subs unsuppressed, no point in it.

Suggestions? Comments? Go with an underpowered buffer spring? Change out buffer weight up or down? Thanks
bani
Silent But Deadly

Re: Under gassed!?!?!?

Post by bani »

try PNW 220gr subsonics. bet you they work.
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

Write AAC i think there's something wrong if its not locking open with factory ammo id be disappointed to say the least I've never had a problem with my 9" AAC upper I've never run subs though since i have no can :(
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

Trevorvien71 wrote:Ok here is the setup: AAC 12.5 upper with brakeout mount and AAC 762SD N6. Lower has standard buffer spring and H2 buffer as recommended by AAC.

115 super with suppressor the gun runs great, unsuppressed it will run but not lock back on last round
220 subs short strokes like crazy with suppressor. Did not bother trying subs unsuppressed, no point in it.

Suggestions? Comments? Go with an underpowered buffer spring? Change out buffer weight up or down? Thanks
Back to AAC. For the price you paid, it needs to work.
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

Maryland_Shooter wrote:
Trevorvien71 wrote:Ok here is the setup: AAC 12.5 upper with brakeout mount and AAC 762SD N6. Lower has standard buffer spring and H2 buffer as recommended by AAC.

Back to AAC. For the price you paid, it needs to work.

+1 again
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

As long as you don't have anything unusual, like an extra-power hammer spring, I would say call AAC and ask for an RMA number.