Thoughts on Loki Weapons Systems

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Bullystix

Thoughts on Loki Weapons Systems

Post by Bullystix »

I am looking at the Loki Weapons Systems 300 uppers. They give the buyer options like a NiB upper, NiB BCG, NiB charging handle which really appeals to me. However, they use stainless barrels and I'd prefer to have a black barrel. Perhaps that may be an option but I haven't pursued it at this point. At any rate do any of you have any credible info on the LWS people/guns?

Thanks
abinok
Silent Operator

Re: Thoughts on Loki Weapons Systems

Post by abinok »

I've got an 8" 300blk upper of theirs. It shoots great, and has been completly reliable shooting 115gr UMC, 147gr fmj from sw, and hornady 110 gr amax. A max load is sub moa at 100yds. I've shot it on steel to 600yds, and I've hit 2 liter bottles at 800, but not for groups. I haven't shot any subsonic through it, nor have I shot it supressed. Those will come in Jan when my Yhm 762 titanium is approved.
I happen to like the stainless barrel, and even requested it uncoated. They have a full service shop and can coat it black if you like.
Bullystix

Re: Thoughts on Loki Weapons Systems

Post by Bullystix »

abinok wrote:I've got an 8" 300blk upper of theirs. It shoots great, and has been completly reliable shooting 115gr UMC, 147gr fmj from sw, and hornady 110 gr amax. A max load is sub moa at 100yds. I've shot it on steel to 600yds, and I've hit 2 liter bottles at 800, but not for groups. I haven't shot any subsonic through it, nor have I shot it supressed. Those will come in Jan when my Yhm 762 titanium is approved.
I happen to like the stainless barrel, and even requested it uncoated. They have a full service shop and can coat it black if you like.

Thanks for the feedback!