Larry Vickers TV show "TacTV" did a show on the 300 blk

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Seventyfivefj40
Silent But Deadly

Re: Larry Vickers TV show "TacTV" did a show on the 300 blk

Post by Seventyfivefj40 »

People wanna watch TV, meh.....at least 'Ol Hickok is funny. TACTV gets boring fast, not bashing but it's just minimally engaging. Nothing against the host or his endeavors and sponsors.
Last edited by Seventyfivefj40 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SICARII Night Vision LLC
Excelis Night Enforcer Authorized Reseller/Morovision Night Vision Authorized Dealer
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tom12.7 »

Hey guys, look forward and listen clearly. Is he "the be all, end all", of course not. I've been fortunate to have trained with many great people in the community. Do I agree with everything he does, of course not, this is not a place to bash someone who gave 110% to get where he is. Like many others, he is a respected and a straight shooter and is no BS in what he knows. I feel fortunate to have training under him, and others,like him. That man has a skill set that a very few have. Does he know everything, obviously not, I disagree on him on a few things over time, that does NOT mean I would ever dismiss him. Be real people, and understand the whole concept, and not some snapshot.
Take Care,
Tom12.7
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

nice reply and your entitled to your views and opinions like everybody else , but I gotta call a spade a spade and my opinion is he done his duty and I dont doubt his service but he now panders to sponsors and not his knowledge there for my opinion stands for ME.
Unobtanium
Silent But Deadly

Post by Unobtanium »

jwb47 wrote:nice reply and your entitled to your views and opinions like everybody else , but I gotta call a spade a spade and my opinion is he done his duty and I dont doubt his service but he now panders to sponsors and not his knowledge there for my opinion stands for ME.
Correct.
When he was under contract for Daniel Defense, he would constantly recommend them. Now he never recommends them. Doesn't list them in the rifles he trusts to work. He doesn't bash them...he just doesn't mention them.

LAV did a great service to the country, and he made a name for himself. Now he's making money for himself. Nothing wrong with it, but understand who pays his bills might color what he says...or doesn't say.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

Unobtanium wrote:
jwb47 wrote:nice reply and your entitled to your views and opinions like everybody else , but I gotta call a spade a spade and my opinion is he done his duty and I dont doubt his service but he now panders to sponsors and not his knowledge there for my opinion stands for ME.
Correct.
When he was under contract for Daniel Defense, he would constantly recommend them. Now he never recommends them. Doesn't list them in the rifles he trusts to work. He doesn't bash them...he just doesn't mention them.

LAV did a great service to the country, and he made a name for himself. Now he's making money for himself. Nothing wrong with it, but understand who pays his bills might color what he says...or doesn't say.

yep you are correct .
Are you saying there was a reason my men got ahold of my safety harness and wrote grumpy on it .
Lippuy61

Post by Lippuy61 »

I have heard a lot about this movie and I am planning to watch it after I finish watching shows by Andy Yeatman because I don’t want anything to come in between my entertainment right now. I am sure I will find more fun movies and shows on this forum and therefore, I wil stick to it.
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Post by TRshootem »

Yep, I enjoy my BLK guns despite the lousy info put forth by some 'experts'. If I ever met Mr. Vickers, I would certainly thank him for his service and the sacrifices involved. Beyond that, I haven't the slightest interest or time to watch that show or others. I'm busy hand loading and shooting, and I'm happy to be able to do it with the weapon of my choosing.