John Noveske's 300BLK SBR - in RECOIL mag

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Re: John Noveske's 300BLK SBR - in RECOIL mag

Post by nolwark76 »

Well I'm glad I'm perfect so I will never have to worry about a stupid screw up like that. They guy completely augered in but at least he's man enough to admit it and resign. Sometimes people that belong to a group of some sort are harder on the ones in thier group than outsiders are. Yes, he gave them fuel, but what did everything he say and to until that point say about him?
ztug
Silent But Deadly

Post by ztug »

robrob wrote:
RECOIL Statement
Article by Jerry Tsai
I’d like to address the comments regarding what I wrote in the MP7A1 article in RECOIL issue 4. First and foremost, I’d like to apologize for any offense that I have caused with the article. With the benefit of hindsight, I now understand the outrage, and I am greatly saddened that it was initiated by my words. Especially since, I am an unwavering supporter of 2nd Amendment Rights. I’ve chosen to spend a significant part of both my personnel and professional life immersed in this enthusiasm, so to have my support of individuals’ rights called into doubt is extremely unfortunate. With that said, I retract what I wrote in the offending paragraph within this article. It should have had been presented with more clarity.

In the article, I stated some information that was passed on to me about why the gun is not available for civilian purchase. By no means did I Iintend to imply that civilians are not responsible, nor do we lack the judgment to own such weapons, if I believed anything approaching this, clearly I would lead a much different life. I also mentioned in the article that the gun had no sporting purpose. This again, was information passed on to me and reported in the article without the necessary additional context. I believe everything published in RECOIL up to this point (other than this story), demonstrates we clearly understand and completely agree that guns do not need to have a sporting purpose in order for them to be rightfully available to civilians. In retrospect, I should have presented this information in a clearer manner. Although I can understand the manufacturer’s stance on the subject, it doesn’t mean that I agree with it.

Again, I acknowledge the mistakes I made and for them I am truly sorry.

Sincerely,
Jerry Tsai
Editor
RECOIL

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/recoil-stateme ... z26qTfI6Ds
This guy stepped on his member again by confusing "sporting purposes" with "hunting purposes." Three gun competition is a sport that "tactical" rifles excel in. There is even a sporting purpose for full auto machine guns because they are fun to shoot and can be used in competition.
Good point. When I was a kid I was a Civil War buff. At the reinactments the sometimes had cannon competitions, shooting targets for accuracy and time to reload. THAT would probably blow the lefts mind!
U.S. Merchant Marine
Master / Pilot AGT, VSO
NRA RSO
Spikes / Radical 8.5" 300BLK
Colt AR15-A4
M1
bani
Silent But Deadly

Post by bani »

he resigned as editor. that doesn't mean he's not still working for the magazine.
FarmerTed1971
Silent But Deadly

Post by FarmerTed1971 »

300Blk wrote:Recoil magazine is just about the only US gun magazine with top rate photo, design, and print quality. I really don't want the magazine to be killed because of what one guy said in it.
Amen brother. Hopefully they will be able to hire some technical writers soon to add some meat to the fat though. Kinda' lacking in that regard.
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

If the NRA can recover after selling us out decades ago, so can RECOIL. The publisher is the editors boss. Would like to hear how the publisher allowed this.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

20X11 wrote:Would like to hear how the publisher allowed this.
Almost certainly no one else read it. There is not any possible way another person could read that and let it go to print.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

20X11 wrote:If the NRA can recover after selling us out decades ago, so can RECOIL. The publisher is the editors boss. Would like to hear how the publisher allowed this.
HA - the NRA will never get dime one from me. I am a lifetime member of SAF, they actually win cases and bring change. IMHO, the NRA has a vested interest in keeping the fight going and lining their pockets.

SAF:

Heller v DC
McDonald V Chicago
Woolard v Sheridan

Seriously - this organization is actually out to WIN, the NRA is just out to fight and profit from it at the same time.

http://www.saf.org/default.asp?p=legalaction
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I am very against the concept of gun owners being against the NRA.

It is the NRA who does get things done.

How? They tell politicians that if they don't vote a certain way, it will effect their NRA rating.

NRA *is* the NRA members. I am the NRA. I think I am an Endowment member.
tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

I know the NRA lost quite a few members a couple of years ago when they decided that fighting for free speech just wasn't that important after the 'Bama ministratun decided to somehow exempt the NRA from some legislation. I didn't care for that much...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2535412/posts

Edit: It's not that I don't think the NRA is a good organization but I don't think the current leadership is as good as it used to be. I don't think Heston would have ever rolled over like that.
300Blk wrote:I am very against the concept of gun owners being against the NRA. And I seriously believe they mostly just don't want to pay the membership fee and then justify their position by saying that the NRA is somehow bad.

No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

300Blk wrote:I am very against the concept of gun owners being against the NRA.

How? They tell politicians that if they don't vote a certain way, it will effect their NRA rating.

NRA *is* the NRA members. I am the NRA. I think I am an Endowment member.
They made every effort to derail the Heller case and for that, they have earned my undying disdain.

SAF has had a more positive influence as far as concrete changes. They have rolled back infringements that have been in force for nearly 40 years (Chicago/D.C.) so why couldn't the NRA accomplish that Robert?

I think that's a valid question and goes right to the heart of what does the NRA really do?

IMHO, the NRA's mission is based on the Hegemonic Model. They keep members stirred up against lawmakers and make a damned good living doing it and have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

Convince me I'm wrong.
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.