Essential Liberty - A Novel

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

shuter

Essential Liberty - A Novel

Post by shuter »

Fellow Forum members,

First of all, I am posting this with the permission of the forum administration. I have recently written and published a novel entitled Essential Liberty. It’s a rather unusual novel, in that it’s “Second Amendment-based.” I will paste a short “teaser” blurb at the end of this post; but, in a nutshell, it chronicles the consequences of governmental overreach.

Essential Liberty is currently available in Kindle format on Amazon and the softcover version will be available by August 1st. The Kindle download linked below is $6.99, from Amazon.com. There are also sample chapters available through that link.

If you decide to buy Essential Liberty and like it, I’d appreciate you telling everyone you know about it! Also, please take the time to write a review for Amazon.com…assuming you like it, of course☺.

I’m trying to market the book every way I know how, since a novel dealing with this subject doesn’t fit into the mainstream press very well. Any insights or thoughts that anyone has along those lines would be very welcome.

Essential Liberty has been a thirteen-year labor of love for me. I am passionate about liberty and firearms and I’ve wanted to tell a specific story for a long time. Essential Liberty is that story. It is my first novel and I’m currently working on another.

I’m on the road right now but I will try to check the forum from time to time. If you have any specific questions or comments for me, however, please feel free to email me at the email address below.

By the way, I've recently put together an SBR in 300 BLK and an AAC SBR in our beloved cartridge figures prominently into the ending of Essential Liberty...used by the good guy, of course. Now there's a tease for you!

I will update you all when the softcover version is available.

Thanks so much for your time,

Rob Olive (aka “shuter”)
Email: [email protected]

Essential Liberty—Amazon.com Kindle link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008P124MS

They thought it would never happen here…

The United States government has banned and begun confiscating firearms from its citizens.

Insurance executive Don Williams has never owned a gun and is part of the majority of Americans who initially favored “Collection” (the official term for confiscation), yet he’s shocked to see his fellow countrymen being rounded up on the evening news.

Don’s good friend, former Marine Mike Niculescu, owns many firearms and has refused to surrender them. The son of immigrants from Communist Romania reveres them as symbols of liberty.

Bill Payne, of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, commands an ATF Hazardous Operations Team. These elite new teams are reserved for Collection operations with a high level of risk. Payne wants his unit to be the first to make headlines.

As the story unfolds, Don is forced to make a choice: Will he turn a blind eye to the abuse of power, or will he choose—for the first time in his life—to make a stand on principle that will put everything he cares about at risk?

Action-filled and topical, Essential Liberty examines the consequences of governmental overreach through a unique and thought-provoking story.
WileE

Re: Essential Liberty - A Novel

Post by WileE »

Sounds like an interesting read. Looking forward to seeing it in print.
shuter

Post by shuter »

Thanks. Softcover should be available by end of next week.

Take care,
shuter
walrus300

Post by walrus300 »

Bought it.. Read the first few 'preview' chapters on amazon, good read so far, i'm already 'invested' in the characters. It's waiting on my Kindle when I get home.
shuter

Post by shuter »

Thanks. Glad you liked it. I'm working with the NRA on getting behind it and fully promoting it. Will keep you guys posted.

Shuter
walrus300

Post by walrus300 »

Just finished 'Essential Liberty'... Enjoyed it.
PoliceMark
Silent But Deadly

Post by PoliceMark »

Seems interesting. Bought it. Good luck. I am a Police Officer and I am VERY pro-second amendment. You have my support.
Speed. Surprise. Violence of Action.
shuter

Post by shuter »

Thanks so much guys. Appreciate the support and glad you enjoyed the book!

The Barnes and Noble Nook version became available today and the print proof was approved today, which means availability by next week early. I will notify when it's up.

see ya
shuter
AEuropa

Post by AEuropa »

Any chance of this becoming an audio-book? I spend 2+ hours each day sitting in traffic...so listening to books is the only chance that I (and many others!) have to get in our "reading."

- Alex
shuter

Post by shuter »

AEuropa wrote:Any chance of this becoming an audio-book? I spend 2+ hours each day sitting in traffic...so listening to books is the only chance that I (and many others!) have to get in our "reading."

- Alex
Boy Alex, I would love to do that...not sure about the feasibility of it in the near term however. You're not the first that's asked for it, though, so who knows? Thanks for your interest!

Rob