Feeding issues with my new upper.

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BradV
Silent Operator

Re: Feeding issues with my new upper.

Post by BradV »

wdwinder wrote:I took my brand new CMMG 16" to the range for first time. Lower is a Spikes Multi-cal midlength with heavy buffer. I had FTF on every single round. Tired about 30 and got tired of that. Ammo is Remmington subsonic. Also eject failure on a couple rounds. I have not checked the gas system, but Im wondering if the buffer is the real issue since Spikes supplies this buffer with the Midlength specifically.
Any ideas?
thanks
Do you have the carbine length gas system and are you using a suppressor? Functioning on a 16" with a carbine gas may not be 100% with subs, however mine has run with factory 220s and no suppressor. I just don't get a lock back.
wdwinder

Post by wdwinder »

yes, its 16" carbine gas. But no suppressor, which apparently is one of my problems.
I heard back from CMMG, and they recommend HMS or PNW ammo, not Remmington. Recommend lighter buffer, and they say its not meant to run subsonic without a suppressor. But Im in California, so suppressor is not on the table. So its supersonic for me.
bani
Silent But Deadly

Post by bani »

don't use pmags. they feed unreliably for 300blk.

use GI or lancer mags for 100% reliability.