Best Suppressor for Blackout

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

m1a convert

Best Suppressor for Blackout

Post by m1a convert »

I want to has a 9" barrel with a can that threads directly on to the barrel or has a locking mechanism that doesn't require me to touch it so that I can use a full length rifle handguard. I would slide the can inside the handguard and screw it on, this would make the hanguard shroud the barrel and most of the can and give me as much real estate as possible for lights etc. I would like the can to be user serviceable for cleaning if possible as well. It needs to be able to handle both sub and supersonic rounds.

What handguard and can would be the best?
Quiet Riot
Silent But Deadly

Re: Best Suppressor for Blackout

Post by Quiet Riot »

There is no way I would do this. Cans get way too hot. I think the only guns you really see like this are safe queens, largely. Any amount of shooting would make the hanguard a place where accessories go to die, and you'd have to use a thick glove just to shoot. Heck, hanguards can get plenty hot just from the heat of the barrel, and that is nowhere the temp of an overworked suppressor, nor is a barrel going to be as close to a hanguard as a suppressor.

Done shooting? Forget about slinging that rifle when the whole handguard is as hot as an iron.

No question, it looks really cool. In reality, it doesn't work so well.
Check out my Youtube Channel, TWANGnBANG.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TWANGnBANG
rockrivershooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockrivershooter »

Say you decide to run a seekins precision 13" bar hand guard and a 9" barrel then you will only have around 4" of the suppressor under the hand guard. Now I'm running a 12" seekins precision bar hand guard and a 6" barrel and all but 1/2" of my can is under my hand guard. The seekins bar hand guard has a bigger inside opening of 1.80" to help with heat dissipation.
texflip
Senior Silent Operator

Post by texflip »

Maybe the Spikes Compressor would be of interest to you.