LMT Barrels shipping!

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ROGtac

LMT Barrels shipping!

Post by ROGtac »

The LMT 300 Whisper / AAC BLACKOUT barrels are finally starting to ship! Half a year of waiting coming to an end. Compared to some things, this delay really wasn't all that bad.
Mike
ROG Tactical
jasonusvi
Silent But Deadly

Re: LMT Barrels shipping!

Post by jasonusvi »

ROGtac wrote:The LMT 300 Whisper / AAC BLACKOUT barrels are finally starting to ship! Half a year of waiting coming to an end. Compared to some things, this delay really wasn't all that bad.
But they are 16" with pistol length gas... discuss...
A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. – P. J. O'Rourke
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Pistol length gas is good as long as the gas port is not oversized like was common in the past. I doubt they made that mistake.
jasonusvi
Silent But Deadly

Post by jasonusvi »

Thinking more about it I suppose it is a decent compromise given that it is a fair price and you have the option to cut to any length. I may order one and have it shipped directly to ADCO for a chop and thread somewhere between 10" and 12". Probably also on the safer side of reliability for those that want to cut and pin a 14.5" to non nfa 16".

Would be cool to see suggested port sizes for pistol length gas at every inch from 6 to 16.
A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. – P. J. O'Rourke
agriebel
Silent Operator

Post by agriebel »

I had a chance to do a little shooting with mine and it functioned very well.