smith&wesson upper

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jackson
Silent Operator

smith&wesson upper

Post by jackson »

i am thinking of buying a 300blk smith upper and was wondering if anybody has one and if so how do they perform. this is a complete upper that i will be using on my spikes tactical lower.
jasonusvi
Silent But Deadly

Re: smith&wesson upper

Post by jasonusvi »

What is your budget? You can get an AAC or Noveske for not much more than $1k and they come with $100 mount/hider.
A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. – P. J. O'Rourke
jackson
Silent Operator

Post by jackson »

i thought about aac but i dont want there mount. i will be running my swr trident 9 or my gemtech hvt and both are thread on cans.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Noveske will probably make you one without a mount.
homeless2

Post by homeless2 »

Noveske will tweak one for you. When I asked about a different mount, they didn't have any issue with using the mount I needed.
Klondike

Post by Klondike »

Spend what you are willing but other than a 6 week wait my Model 1 upper for under $500 has worked flawlessly. The $500 you save buys a lot of ammo or another toy.
jackson
Silent Operator

Post by jackson »

was your upper the smith &wesson,or some other upper . thanks
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

I bought the complete smith and wesson rifle . all I have shot through it is 220 grain remingtons since subs is all Im interested in . to date I have not had one malfunction of any nature . I paid 875.00 for the complete weapon with camo finish. it has regular carbine handguards not rails but thats ok with me I wanted light weight and it is accurate enough to make a kill shot on a deer at 100 yds or closer.
jackson
Silent Operator

Post by jackson »

do you shoot your smith suppressed,and if not does it cycle your subs.im picking up an smith upper this weekend and i have put together a spikes lower with rr 2 stage varment trigger and spikes buffer with all magpul grips an stock.i will be running a swr trident 9 or gemtech hvt but was wondering if it cycles subs with out a can attached.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

jackson wrote:do you shoot your smith suppressed,and if not does it cycle your subs.im picking up an smith upper this weekend and i have put together a spikes lower with rr 2 stage varment trigger and spikes buffer with all magpul grips an stock.i will be running a swr trident 9 or gemtech hvt but was wondering if it cycles subs with out a can attached.
yes I shoot 220 grainers with out a suppresor . I am still waiting on my form 4 . thank god I have a dealer who lets me have congenial visits with my yankee hill phantom. the rifle functions with and with out the can .