Subsonic cycling problem

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

MegaTon300

Re: Subsonic cycling problem

Post by MegaTon300 »

Yea I'm not sure why they advertise them as heavy buffers when they're only 3 oz but they are the same weight as standards. I checked my gas block and it is properly aligned. I've tried my bolt carrier and buffer and spring as mentioned above along with alternate parts from a buddy of mines m&p with mixed luck. Just in case it helps identify a problem my upper is a vltor mur with forward assist, lower is a new noveske, magpul ubr stock and buffer tube and a geissele ssa-e trigger. I just can't get to the bottom of it
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Re: Subsonic cycling problem

Post by JohnInNH »

MegaTon300 wrote:Yea I'm not sure why they advertise them as heavy buffers when they're only 3 oz but they are the same weight as standards. I checked my gas block and it is properly aligned. I've tried my bolt carrier and buffer and spring as mentioned above along with alternate parts from a buddy of mines m&p with mixed luck. Just in case it helps identify a problem my upper is a vltor mur with forward assist, lower is a new noveske, magpul ubr stock and buffer tube and a geissele ssa-e trigger. I just can't get to the bottom of it

My Timney trigger requires very little effort to reset. I do not know anything about your Geissele ssa-e trigger. If it has more reset resistance than a stock milspec FCG than it may be contributing to the issue.

I am amazed at the difference between the milspec FCG and my aftermarket setup.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!