Current quality of CMMG 300 rifles

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

firetwo

Current quality of CMMG 300 rifles

Post by firetwo »

Have a CMMG rifle at a local store I've been putting the eyeball on. Cheaper model with the front sight, plastic handguards. Been doing some research on the company, showing some good, some bad. Wondering if there was an inprovement in quality lately, making them a fair buy for the money?
Anyone's recent opinion would be appreciated.
Thanks
1mile50
Silent Operator

Re: Current quality of CMMG 300 rifles

Post by 1mile50 »

firetwo wrote:Have a CMMG rifle at a local store I've been putting the eyeball on. Cheaper model with the front sight, plastic handguards. Been doing some research on the company, showing some good, some bad. Wondering if there was an inprovement in quality lately, making them a fair buy for the money?
Anyone's recent opinion would be appreciated.
Thanks
I'm happy with my CMMG upper. Pistol gas, quad rail, free float barrel. Runs good. Fairly accurate. Muzzle threads are true, I've run several different suppressors with no problems.
CoheedKillgannon
Silent But Deadly

Post by CoheedKillgannon »

I had good experiences with the barrel I bought from CMMG.
robrob
Silent But Deadly

Post by robrob »

I have a CMMG .22 AR upper that runs fine and two stripped lowers that look like quality units and went together with no issues.
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

I've got their non-front sight version. Flat top with rail fore end, etc. Carbine gas. My first AR, but it will shoot five touching at 100 if I do my part. Once I got it broke in, (and stopped using 20 round PMags), it cycles just fine with subs with can on. A little iffy if using subs with no can.