300 BLK Picture Thread

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 BLK Picture Thread

Post by Stickman »

m3s90 wrote:
Stickman wrote:m3s90,

Looks longer than 12.5", but its probably just the can and extended stock which are playing with my eye. Any chance of a pic without the can?
Took awhile, been busy

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq31 ... 00blhc.jpg

Thanks, that really is a great looking carbine.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

KingTiger

Post by KingTiger »

Core15 9.5" w/ERGO 7" FF Rail
C3 Defense enhanced Factory SBR lower
Geissele SSA-E trigger
PSA LPK
PRI Gasbuster CH
Magpul
- MOE Grip
- ACS Stock
- AFG
- ASAP
- 20 round PMAG
Leatherwood/Hi-Lux CMP 1-4x24 scope
SWFA SSALT mount

Controlled Cacophony
Derf

Post by Derf »

Here is my new hog gun. I have a trip planned for the end of April.
I threw it together from mostly parts i had laying around other than the barrel:
8" Nokeske w/low-pro gas block
Spike's 7" BAR
random upper
BCM bcg
Bear Paw Arms / Double Star postie lower
QuickSilver Ti can (still waiting on the damn Form3 for my SDN-6)
Nikon 2x7 with QD Burris QD mount
Olight M20 light

nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

All nice toys. For those with SBRs, do you wish you had a piston simply for the cleanliness? I am not a DI hater, and know that with a can, even a piston is dirty. Just wondering if the shorties are significantly dirtier than a DI when they are that short.
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

You might have better results asking a question like that as its own thread, instead of in a picture thread.

Stick

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

jason
Silent But Deadly

Post by jason »

Bugg77 wrote:I have a similar setup... isn't is an issue with "BARF" to have the forward grip on the pistol without having a stamp? I have the same setup so I want to know if I can do that or not.
The regulation specifies a "vertical fore grip". I have an ATF letter, that I carry with my AR pistol, that specifies angled fore grips are not prohibited on pistols. You can find copies of similar letters on the internet.
Bugg77
Silent Operator

Post by Bugg77 »

jason wrote:
Bugg77 wrote:I have a similar setup... isn't is an issue with "BARF" to have the forward grip on the pistol without having a stamp? I have the same setup so I want to know if I can do that or not.
The regulation specifies a "vertical fore grip". I have an ATF letter, that I carry with my AR pistol, that specifies angled fore grips are not prohibited on pistols. You can find copies of similar letters on the internet.
Thanks. I found that letter after seeing these pictures and a PM from another forum member. It is now installed on my pistol.
jblomenberg16

Post by jblomenberg16 »

Looks like Stickman has definitely taken a drink of the blackout kool-aid and liked it!

This will eventually be an SBR with YHM SS QD can. Forms are in process, so most likely get the approvals this summer some time.

For now, Spikes Lower, VLTOR Stock. 16" CMMG upper. I have shot it suppressed with a friends 9mm Gemtech, and it is very quiet. Really looking forward to when my can gets in!

Video:

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd13 ... gemtec.mp4