300 BLK Picture Thread

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gr8testsantini
Silent Operator

Re: 300 BLK Picture Thread

Post by gr8testsantini »

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
poser
Silent Operator

Post by poser »

Final version. Love the micro red dot.

trenttyre
Silent But Deadly

Post by trenttyre »

poser wrote:Final version. Love the micro red dot.

What upper, rail and barrel length is that?
drrufo
Silent Operator

Post by drrufo »

Stickman, could you do me a favor? When you post an interesting photo, let us know what it is we are seeing. Your latest one looked good. But what brand was the handguard and what did you want us to see? I don't need a complete list of all the parts, just a general idea would be great. Thanks for the good shots.

John Andersen
poser
Silent Operator

Post by poser »

trenttyre wrote:

Its a Palmetto State 8" barrel. Rail is a Spikes BAR 9". With that combination the Gemtech QD flashider sticks out barely past the end, which is exactly what I was going for. About 2" of the can is inside the rail.

Very happy with the whole setup, especially since I have found the right powder to use for reloading. 100% reliable subsonic and very quiet.
FarmerTed1971
Silent But Deadly

Post by FarmerTed1971 »

Stick,
Besides the gun info I'm curious about your camera gear and settings for the shots. Love to see you post more info.
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

FarmerTed1971 wrote:Stick,
Besides the gun info I'm curious about your camera gear and settings for the shots. Love to see you post more info.

The camera really doesn't matter, its the lighting that is important. I shoot with Canon. When I shoot with studio lights, I synch at 1/160, and hover in the F11-F16 range at 100iso. I'll alter my iso by thirds if I need to in order to get what I want. I try to get everything right in camera so there isn't much processing to do.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
trenttyre
Silent But Deadly

Post by trenttyre »

poser wrote:
trenttyre wrote:

Its a Palmetto State 8" barrel. Rail is a Spikes BAR 9". With that combination the Gemtech QD flashider sticks out barely past the end, which is exactly what I was going for. About 2" of the can is inside the rail.

Very happy with the whole setup, especially since I have found the right powder to use for reloading. 100% reliable subsonic and very quiet.
Very nice man

I really like the recessed can look. I think it makes the rifle look more intimidating. Obviously how a gun shoots is what really matters but it never hurts to look good while doing it too.
Falconpilot

Post by Falconpilot »

Here is mine.. Still in the testing phase... It runs everything well, but still needs tweaking a bit to hold the bolt back consistantly unsuppressed on subsonics..