Who will remove a KAC URX II rail for me?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BigDinTexas
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Who will remove a KAC URX II rail for me?

Post by BigDinTexas »

300Blk wrote:The silencer in the rail look is growing on me. I was pretty against it not too long ago.
That dang Honeybadger did it in for me... That's when I fell in love with the silencer inside the rail look myself.
"Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff..." -author unknown
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I am not quick to react to fads. I really put a lot of thought into going with something before I make the move.

Some products I just know are right when I first see them - an example is the Magpul CTR stock. I was sold without any hesitation.
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

I had to buy that over priced wrench to take a customer’s rail off for him; I have done 25 rails for customers so far… If anyone needs one removed and a new barrel installed let me know.
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

shabba
Senior Silent Operator

Post by shabba »

i like the look of the can in the can myself. i think alot of people do.
a wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer Bruce Lee
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Cool. After this one, Selph Arms can be the go-to company.
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

I am still doing the removal, so far 75 done.
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

Why are people not liking the URX II? I don't get why the URX III is so good. Yes most people don't use the rails all the way back to the upper receiver but with the AAC 9" upper and URX III, you can't even fit a Magpul AFG on there. I doubt anything other than a TRL light would be able to be mounted on there either. I'm not saying I need full length rails but I just don't see the point of the URX III. Plus I prefer plastic rail covers because they don't get cold like metal does.
trenttyre
Silent But Deadly

Post by trenttyre »

300Blk wrote:The silencer in the rail look is growing on me. I was pretty against it not too long ago.

I think its great! It also allows for a longer sight radius and more stable support if you shoot with the newer technique. This is also why i think AAC should develop a can that can be removed via QD without a ratchet type system. It does look cool but it allows so many benefits, especially if you have a short barrel, long arms, and want a longer sight radius.
velo555
Silent But Deadly

Post by velo555 »

Could a person like myself special order the 9" upper from AAC with a standard barrel nut (I could ship one to AAC) instead of the URX rail system? That way I could mount a different rail like a Rainier Arms EVO. AAC could keep the URX.
Victor Lopez
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

I have a aac 9" upper with a urx3 and I'd really like to have something different. To me there isn't enough rail space. If I could get something in 8" with full rails I'd love it. But I'm not buying a 300 dollar tool so I guess I'm stuck with it.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns