300 AAC blackout problem

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Spanky

300 AAC blackout problem

Post by Spanky »

I'm having problems with my new 300 Blackout on my PWA Preban lower.

Fires fine but won't load a new bullet after it ejects the old one, just cycles the bolt forward with no bullet in the chamber.

I am using 220 grain Remington Subsonic Factory loads without a silencer on it, (going to wait for the SR7 and 90T mount) but in the mean time I like the quieter Subsonic loads.

From what I can find out on the web the problem is the unsuppressed rifle with the subsonic load not having enough pressure to cycle correctly, is this correct or should I be looking at another possible problem ?

I bought the rifle from the local gunsmith already assembled so I'm not sure what buffer or gas port set up is on the gun, is there a correct setup I should be using to fire the unsuppressed sub loads that I can tell the gunsmith to use ?

And if I change anything now will that create a problem later when I finally do put a suppressor on it ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Spanky

Recoil737
Senior Silent Operator

Re: 300 AAC blackout problem

Post by Recoil737 »

Once you put your suppressor on you should be able to get them to cycle. My Noveske will eject the case but won't strip another round without the suppressor on. Once I put the suppressor on though it runs like a champ.
Quiet Riot
Silent But Deadly

Post by Quiet Riot »

This is the way some barrels are supposed to behave. It should run great with a suppressor.
Check out my Youtube Channel, TWANGnBANG.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TWANGnBANG
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Make sure you have a carbine buffer. Make sure you have a normal action spring. Make sure you have a normal hammer spring.

If you have any of the following:

1. Heavy buffer.
2. Extra power hammer spring.
3. Extra power recoil spring.

Then it would not be expected to work.
CMMG

Post by CMMG »

Not to contradict Robert, but in some cases I've seen improvement in the cycling reliability when using a H buffer instead of a standard buffer. The heavier buffer made the guns less picky about the rifle equivalent of limp wristing, as always YMMV.
CMMG, Inc
660-248-2293
www.cmmginc.com
[email protected]
[email protected]