Best available 10" Barrel...

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

lilMAC

Best available 10" Barrel...

Post by lilMAC »

1st off, hi! Thanks in advance.

2ndly, I'm acquiring the parts to build my 1st 300BLK upper and am a little stuck here when it comes to a barrel.

Upper-AeroPrecision
Rail-Spikes BAR 9"
Muzzle device-AAC 51T Blackout
CH-BCM Gunfighter Mod4

Now I just need barrel and gas system (assuming it's not included)

I can go custom (Lone Star Armory-$475)
I could go LotharWalther Spikes ($375)
Any reviews!

What other options are out there?
PoliceMark
Silent But Deadly

Re: Best available 10" Barrel...

Post by PoliceMark »

My 2cent, I am VERY happy with my Noveske
Speed. Surprise. Violence of Action.
lilMAC

Post by lilMAC »

PoliceMark wrote:My 2cent, I am VERY happy with my Noveske
Noveske was my 1st choice, but no one has them in stock. According to Noveske it will be "months" before they have another run. That's from a lady at Noveske.
lilMAC

Post by lilMAC »

Meh, after tonight I'll probably end up waiting... Just dumped $165 on a Magpul M93. I've wanted one for a LONG time. Great price.
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

Wow, where did you find one? I drink the Magpul kool-aide but sometimes they make me mad. Lot's of people liked the M93 but they stopped making it. They also made the MIAD grip in basic and full kit. They did away with that and just went with a separate trigger guard. I personnally really like the feel of the integrated trigger guard on the two full kits I have. I had no idea they stopped making them awhile back and was surprized when I went to go order one for my blackout build. It's just not the same.
lilMAC

Post by lilMAC »

nolwark76 wrote:Wow, where did you find one? I drink the Magpul kool-aide but sometimes they make me mad. Lot's of people liked the M93 but they stopped making it. They also made the MIAD grip in basic and full kit. They did away with that and just went with a separate trigger guard. I personnally really like the feel of the integrated trigger guard on the two full kits I have. I had no idea they stopped making them awhile back and was surprized when I went to go order one for my blackout build. It's just not the same.
happened to find it on AR15 EE. It is the M93A2, but I honestly don't care. I've just wanted one for a long time. Pretty sure if I hate it I can get my $$ out of it. Plus, the small parts (strike plate, QD plates) from Ergo's version all fit. :mrgreen:
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I don't know of any 10 inch barrels, but:

Noveske 10.5 inch barrel.
AAC 9 inch barrel.
scottryan

Post by scottryan »

The current noveske barrel is 10", not 10.5" robert
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Ok, then that is my recommended 10 inch barrel.
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

Maybe it's just me but I would have read that as "ooh, I got to correct RSilvers!" Maybe not.

Anyway, any chance Noveske will cycle subsonic without a can yet? I don't see an advantage to shooting subs unsuppressed but I just like my firearms to shoot all ammo in it. I'm not going to what if this to death, (zombies attack, my can is in the shop, and subs are all I've got!) but shouldn't the rifle fire all ammo at any time with or without a can?

By the way Robert, I've been meaning to ask, what scope is that on your profile pic rifle? Have you used that on pigs on the move? Back to the OP, sort of, is that a 9" AAC upper?