Group Buy for 300 BLK Savage Barrels

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

SuperChuck
Silent But Deadly

Re: Group Buy for 300 BLK Savage Barrels

Post by SuperChuck »

I'm assuming that the Varmint Contour SS barrels are under discussion....

The group buy for the varmint contour barrel only had an anticipated delivery of "sometime in may" based on the original offering..

The Varmint contour barrels aren't 5 months late, and the news is that they appear to be delayed, but it is still May. The late clock doesn't start ticking until May is come and gone - technically the "wait" was built into the purchase.

Shaw has to build the barrels, that appears to be the holdup, while its not up to the level of force majeur, its definitely an extenuating circumstance, and external to the control of our vendor.

The attractiveness of this offer was the reasonable price, and there are plenty of other barrels out there at higher prices, I have a $190 BFG barrel that I had to wait only a few weeks for, and I have a $240 SinArms barrel that took 9 months to get.

A $25 deposit is as much to gauge the seriousness of the buyer, as much as a reliable RSVP to order proper numbers of barrels. I believe this is the first time that the vendor required a deposit, and I suspect its because of past performance of buyers backing out when they arrived... just a guess, but its a likely scenario..

This vendor has had several successful group buys in the past and while minimal, in this current market, Delays have and do occur.. They're not known as a "snatch and grab" vendor as far as I have observed.

There's no grand conspiracy theory aside from a LOT of Americans that believe if BHO gets another 4 years, then gun ownership and gun rights will be assailed in ways we can only currently imagine...

Everyone's buying - its had a ripple effect in the market, across the board..

If you've lost interest in the build, there's plenty of people out there willing to take it off your hands, when your barrel comes in, you might even get to make a $35-50 profit because the price point was so low initially.
Kisstactical
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Kisstactical »

Give the guy a brake. I can tell you that in the gun business dealing with vendors is all most as bad as dealing with the ATF. Vendors do not care about your customers. You are there customers,the don't seem to care about the end user. In the gun business not moves fast.
hugegator
Silent Operator

Post by hugegator »

I'm waiting on the sporter profile barrel. My main complaint is the lack of proactive communication. I do understand that this is not a strong suit in the gun industry. That's why I patronize only companies which engage in proactive, customer facing business strategies and avoid the ones with a "the customer can wait until we're good and ready" attitude.
Obama has nothing to do with typing a two minute e-mail and sending it out to the client list with updates once in a while. Or at least updating their website.
Last edited by hugegator on Mon May 14, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wdyasq
Silent Operator

Post by wdyasq »

I have had other business transactions with GunShack. They have been prompt and honest in those instances.

I inquired about the barrels in a separate email. The reply was, "ER Shaw has told us that the sporter barrels will be arriving by the end of May. We re hopin' and prayin' that they keep their word."

I know that doesn't get anyone closer to completing a build but, I think instant gratification and the Internet has done a lot to have folks think things should move faster than industry and reality allows. I was building guns 30 years ago and getting one completed inside a year was considered quick at that time. There were fewer politicians trying to curtail the 2nd Amendment then too! Although LBJ and WJBC both took a slice from it.

Ron
Bkrawler

Post by Bkrawler »

Seeing how this is the last day of the month, and ups has passed by already, has anyone had any info on these barrels. I seemed to catch the young lady on a bad day the last time I emailed them.

My only problem with this group buy is that it's turning into an nfa wait. I would have thought an email or phone call would not be to much to ask. I'm not blaming Gun Shack but some info would be nice!
hugegator
Silent Operator

Post by hugegator »

I don't think Gunshack is to blame for the wait, it sounds like Shaw just has a big backlog and lousy communication with it's dealers. I cancelled my order, sold my Savage and picked up a Remington 700 AAC-SD the same day and couldn't be happier with it. I just need to add an adjustable gas block to my 300 AR and I'll have the same results that I would have gotten with the Savage minus the irritation.
Bkrawler

Post by Bkrawler »

Not blaming them for the delay. A little more communication with us would have been nice. If another one comes in through a local company I'll just take that first. I like the savage as a shooter so I'll stick with that.
Kisstactical
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Kisstactical »

Any word from them on this? I guess I got passed up on the 1st shippment. I was told I would have them on The pre order.
Bkrawler

Post by Bkrawler »

Did a shipment go out? I have yet to hear a word from anyone. I'm beginning to wonder if Bernie madoff was helping organize this deal. 6+ months.
trey_phish83
Silent Operator

Post by trey_phish83 »

I talked to gunshack a week ago, e.r. shaw promised them to be delivered in three weeks.
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.